corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » launch control

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author launch control
Rileysport

User status: Offline
10th Apr 06 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how does it work
broster
Premium Member

10th Apr 06 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what system you hae, mine needed to be set up to the actual car, to make it slip the wheels a set amount etc. some work of abs sensors and the like, cut out after the wheels front and rear are travelling at the same speed
Shaun2005

10th Apr 06 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it worth it and how exactly does it work?
johnny27

10th Apr 06 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a rev limter in my corsa with lauch control and full throttle gear change, and obivoulsy an adjustable rev limiter. It has to be wired to coil and the clutch. If i was using the lanch control i put the car out of gear, steady the throttle to rev at 3000rpm or so, hold in the lauch control when desired revs are achevied. Then you can let go of the launch control button and put your car in gear. When the lights go green, you take off in 1st gear, but it will not go passed you set revs, so it cuts power and dose'nt spin the wheels, when you are fully taken off and not spinning, you then hit the launch control button and drive as normal, up to your limiter. It does the job well at keeping traction off the line, plus when switching gears its extremely fast and handy, just keep your foot on the throttle when changing gear and clutch,. You see as soon as you press the clutch when changing, the rev limits to the same revs you are at when you put the clutch in, so it dose'nt rev out to top. BTW it sounds lovely with a good exhaust system, it sorta sound like an anti lag on mine, it splutters and chatters when changing gear
johnny27

10th Apr 06 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lauch control on a rev limiter, has the exact same effect as traction control, like on the vectra

New Poll