corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Display Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Display Help
sukhwant

User status: Offline
7th Apr 06 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right to cut a long story short, i've got an ATI Radion Graphics card with dual output.

When playing movie files (.avi) these work fine on my first monitor but not on my second, it displays everything fine just not the video, all i get is a blank black screen while the video is in playback...

any help?

Thanks
luciaadr

8th Apr 06 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as i know, you cant watch videos like urs on two monitors at the same time. If you "clone" the desktop on the two monitors, it will only play the video on monitor 1. Thats what it does on my laptop, when i connect it to my TV.

If you want the video to come on the other screen, just extend your desktop to the second monitor, then drag media player/ whatever, across to that screen.

So you can watch it on one or the other, but not both at the same time.
Dom

8th Apr 06 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it can be done, though it's limited by your drivers and graphics card - so i would update your drivers first, otherwise new graphics card.

Though on my 6800 nvidia card, theres an option that allows you to change the video overlay to dispaly on the 2nd option, if you have something similar then try it!
sukhwant

8th Apr 06 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a new graphics card, ATI Radeon 9550, and the strange thing is, i've also got Logitech Media Life software, you know for Media Centre on my second Monitor and videos play through that, just not through Winamp or Windows Media Player, or even DIVX Player...

Strange

New Poll