corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Alpine Sub outs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alpine Sub outs
Toby
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Apr 06 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a sub pre out as well as the other 3 on my CDA-9812RB is it possible to connect a sub strait to my HU or do i need to use the other pre outs and amp one up?? any help much apreciated cheers!!!
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Online
5th Apr 06 at 11:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to use a wiring kit to power up the amp, with the input to the amplifier coming from the sub-out on the headunit.
Then just connect the sub to the amp using speaker cable.
Toby
Premium Member

5th Apr 06 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so its there for no point i still need to use an amp which is what i can use from the other 3 outputs so its point less being there
craig8
Premium Member

5th Apr 06 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it has a point, its for running the amp thats powering the Sub

the rest are for running amps powering other speakers

E36 328
Toby
Premium Member

5th Apr 06 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aw i see but i could run subs off it also!!
craig8
Premium Member

6th Apr 06 at 00:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could, but you will probably find there is a volume control on the headunit for the sub, hence the specific pre out

they arent going to mass produce parts they dont need and cost themselfs more money for no reason

E36 328

New Poll