corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » clocks with rev counters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author clocks with rev counters
Chris C

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 06 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will a set of clocks out of a 1.4 sport work in my 1.0 12v ??
I'm looking to swop my clock for a set with a rev counter,
cheers chris
Chris C

3rd Mar 06 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any 1 ?
Rich H

3rd Mar 06 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should do...I swapped my Pre 97 (cable driven) clocks out of my "Swing" for a set out of a Pre 97 GSi - just needed one cable that was sitting behind my dash plugging in. The car obviously doesnt redline in same place as a GSi, but other than that, speed and revs seem pretty accurate.

If yours is Post 97, you will need electric ones - these should again be a fairly straight swap and should also work fine. Don't quote me on it, but Yes, I'd have thought they should be ok
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

3rd Mar 06 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good topic chris c was thinking of doing this on mine
so your basically saying as long as we can get pre 97 cable driven clocks can fit them into a 97 non rev counter ?
sounds good may have a search on this and give it a try

[Edited on 03-03-2006 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Planty02

3rd Mar 06 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure if clocks from a 12v are slightly different than 8v or 16v. Do a seach mate - think thsi was asked recently
Wrighty

3rd Mar 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what model is it mate? some have a green wire already in so clocks just plug and play,some dont

take your clocks out and see if there is a green wire that goes into the plug that the clocks plug into you will be fine (there might be two i cant quite remember when i looked at mine ),if not u will need to run a wire from the negative terminal on your ignition coil to the plug,somehow,never quite sure how as my LS had the green wire,but someone will know how

you will need leccy clocks if you have leccy clocks already,which you should on yours
James_DT

3rd Mar 06 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will the fact that the 12v only has 3 cylinders not mean that it's a different signal to the 1.4 which has 4 cylinders?

New Poll