corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dash lighting tip

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dash lighting tip
mikehiow

User status: Offline
7th Aug 05 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure many of you have already figured this out, but for those of you who havent, if you want a quick and easy solution to get different coloured lighting for your dash, you can use sidelight bulbs, just did mine, although its a bit dull it looks great, only paid 99p for mine, but if you pay a few more quid and get decent ones should look even better
Will_Sport

7th Aug 05 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur talking about models with rev counters as the lights behind clocks in models with rev counters won't take sidelight bulbs... hence we all love our LEDs... which won't work very well in none rev counter models due to them only having 2 bulbs
mikehiow

8th Aug 05 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aah, mine has no rev counter, and yeah, takes sidelight bulbs.

I really wanted to use LED's without the use of resistors, couldnt find any 12v UV led's

(i had the idea that the white on the clock should react with the UV light and look really cool, already have UV lighting in my footwells)
Richie

13th Aug 05 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No LED's are 12v, hence why they are fitted with resistors. I can sort you out with some if needed fitted to sidelight bulb fittings, u2u me if interested.

My I ask why you dont like resistors? Most come prefitted with them.
Will_Sport

13th Aug 05 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gessing he wanted no resistors as a 3.3v LEDs wouldn't be bright enough to light his clocks, maybe getting the jumbo 10mm jobbies may work? (or clocks with rev counters are cheap to pick up)

mikehiow

17th Aug 05 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, its not a 12v LED, i know this, but it runs off 12v, guessing it has some kind of resistor built in, but they dont need anything extra to run off the car, I have some red ones

the reason I didn't want to use resistors is purely because im lazy

New Poll