corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Power Steering Conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power Steering Conversion
ed

User status: Offline
19th Feb 06 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to convert my 2.0 to PAS. The big wheels, heavy engine and the fact I am a pussy makes it difficult to park and stuff Also, while the engine is out again I may aswell convert it as I can get to the rack easily.

I have no intention of using the PAS pump that came with the engine. I want to use an electric pump off of a Saxo or a 106 as that seems to work apparently.

Am I right in thinking that to do this i need; A hydraulic PAS rack from a Corsa, the pump and the pipe work... That's all. Looking at the electric pump there appears to only be a + and - wire coming out of it so I guess it's wired to an ignition live?

Will the pipework need to be specially made? Also will I need to work out which way round the pipes need to go and stuff? I guess I do

Oh, and do I need a PAS fluid cooling pipe?

Lots of questions
SportBoy

19th Feb 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would need rack,wireing sounds simple enuff if theres only 2 wires so yeah guess 1 would go to ign live . the pressure side of the pipework would need to be made specially as when i tried makeing my own it kept blowing the pipes off or blowing the pipe lol
mr timrud is useing powersteering off a corsa c dont know how hard that would be??

sup with the good old 2.0ltr pump?? surely that would be easier??

oh and where i work weve had a few saxos in lately with dead powersteering pumps dunno if its just a 1 off or if there wank lol??
RobHayes

19th Feb 06 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not use the EPS off a later model corsa b
ed

19th Feb 06 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems like an arse because EPS has it's own ECU. I might look into it though as I have just found one HH do modified ECU's off the shelf.
RobHayes

19th Feb 06 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is this any help at all?

http://www.valvers.com/tech_pages/corsa_eps.htm

ed

20th Feb 06 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one

New Poll