corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 6x9 in rear pods - can it be done?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 6x9 in rear pods - can it be done?
Will_Sport

User status: Offline
12th Feb 06 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had enough of my 6x9 being in the parcel shelf and was wondering if you can move them into the rear pods?

thinking of getting a small sub as well (more punchy cos i don't really listen to huge bass producing music) anyone got any advice on a half decent one?

i'm not rich so not too keen on splashing out on another set of components for the back so want the 6x9 to go in if possible.

although... i've got 13cm speakers in the front.... should i chuck them in the back pods and get some largers components up front?

plus is it worth amping the whole system on original wiring if i only amp it a little bit? not too keen on rewiring the front speakers.
Will_Sport

12th Feb 06 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also what does a crossover do?
jamied

12th Feb 06 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i have them, remove old door cards, glue an mdf ring on, then firbre glass them or expanding foam blah blah
Will_Sport

12th Feb 06 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pics? was wondering if they fit into original speakers holes - maybe with a little adaption.

how do they sound in them?
PK1
Banned

12th Feb 06 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you should be fine to amp with standard speaker wires though OFC is relatively cheap so could be worth it.

why not keep your 6x9s in the shelf or check these out:

http://www.theloudest.co.uk/index.php?id=view_product&product_id=90
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th Feb 06 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i did to mine sound ok there too plus they are nicley out of the way

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

New Poll