corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bluetooth GPS reciever for TomTom5...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bluetooth GPS reciever for TomTom5...
PaulW

User status: Offline
26th Jan 06 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...on my XDA IIs... which would be best one I could get??

Wanting something with a good battery life, so I can use it on foot aswell, but also able to plug into the car & keep charged while driving...

lookin on ebay, but I'm lost!!
MikeLamb

26th Jan 06 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GPS-Bluetooth-Nemerix-Receiver-16-Channels-New-BT77_W0QQitemZ5859139201QQcategoryZ4668QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Get one that looks like that. I have it on my XDA Exec and on my Tungsten T3 before that.

Ive had it going for a 3hr journey on the batt in a rental car after it spent 6 months constantly on charge (its connected directly to the battery and hidden under my parcel shelf )

Much better than the one that actually comes with tomtom
Deekiboy

27th Jan 06 at 04:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go for this one, Serious piece of kit for bluetooth recievers, Little bit expensive compared to the other 1 suggested but you get what you pay for BTT- 338
John

27th Jan 06 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless height accuracy is of great importance to you, which it might very well be, a 16 channel 1 will do the job fine.
I have the one mike posted and although the longest i've had it going on battery is about 8 hours i think it does 20 or something.
It's also not failed me so far.
Gets a lock very quicly out in the open and never lost signal for me.
The more expensive one will have a better chance of getting you a signal in places like america with massive skyscrapers on both sides however(or in your house)
Andrew

27th Jan 06 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So will a 32 channel one give better accuracy? I'm looking at getting one of these too
John

27th Jan 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope its not the 32 channels that give the better accuracy.
WAAS and another one I can't remember the name of give the better height accuracy.
Because the sattelites are all basically right above you its hard to pinpoint your height.
The newer ones that normally have 32 channels recieve signals from base stations that they can use to calculate the height better.

New Poll