corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sat nav

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sat nav
kenyon

User status: Offline
5th Sep 05 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few questions..

dad wants it...aint too well up on this.. he wants alpine and it has to be one of the flip out screens single din... where is best to buy from?
does alpine us stuff work over here?
mobymaster

5th Sep 05 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked into this, but for many i think you need the DVD disc in, to use the sat nav.

This is why i just went for a sep sat nav module. A tomtom300
50Calibre

5th Sep 05 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh if i were was in your situation an didnt know much bout the technology i would buy a package either from online somewhere or from somewhere like halfauds which could then gurantee me that i had all the neccessary hardware as well as UK discs etc

which means that you wouldnt have any unexpected charges when u need some extra bits

[Edited on 05-09-2005 by 50Calibre]
Ally

6th Sep 05 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically with the in dash units, you plan your route with the disc in, then it loads it into memory. You can then remove the disc to play music ect.

You will only need to reinsert the disc if you make a wrong turn.
ryansss

7th Sep 05 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just use route 66 on my Nokia smart phone. Its a 256 mmc card with the software on, and comes with a bluetooth gps reciever. So far has worked really well.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sat nav 23 database queries in 0.0090039 seconds