corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » my speedo

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my speedo
snottysnowy1

User status: Offline
   7th Nov 05 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, I have just done an engine conversion from 1.2 8v to 1.6 16v (x16xe) and all is well apart from my speedo is not showing any reading. I have tried all sorts of speedo cables and although its reading a pulse (electronic speedo) im getting nothing coming through to the dials. I have read in previous posts that it could possibly be that i have an electronic speedo readout from the gearbox (f15) but a mechanical reading ECU(dont know how to check the ecu). Anyone know if this could be the cause of my problem? If so can i just buy an ecu from a scrappie that is from an electrically driven speedo and swap it over or would the chip in the key and barrel around the ignition need changing too? Please help as i have been trying to fix this for about three months now

thanks
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

7th Nov 05 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont understand mate?

are you using an electronic sender or a mechanical drive (cable driven) in the gearbox?
snottysnowy1

7th Nov 05 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

electronic sender in gearbox
snottysnowy1

7th Nov 05 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi corsa808, i read this post of yours
"must be an output from the abs ecu then. i take it you switched over the transponder round the steering column?

if so, tap in a wire from the thin red/blue (left hand side one as you look at it) up to your clocks (thin red/blue on the right hand side of the plug.)

before you do the above, with the ignition on, test continuity from the red/blue from the abs ecu to the thin red/blue on the loom going into the ecu. if there is continuity then the above does not apply.

that should do the trick"

do you think this might do the trick on mine too?

New Poll