corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa V6 convertion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa V6 convertion
Vauxhallspares

User status: Offline
5th Nov 05 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am currently converting a corsa to a V6 but haveing troble, can any one tell me if they know where I may be able to buy a wireing kit, mounting kit and drive shaft kit, I can make them all but am trying to save time help would be much appreciated
Mistamist

5th Nov 05 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think they make a off the shelf kit at the moment, give beardy a u2u, he may be able to advise you better than most.
BeArDy

5th Nov 05 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate,
The reason why there are not many about as they are a total pig to do, as they cost alot on parts to make them fit, and people can have a C20let for about the same price if not cheaper. Also there are not fitting kits for V6's everything has to be hand made and can cost alot.

Cutting the bodys is really not need, just the bulkhead as there no room for the inlet system or throttle system. Also so you can get the inlet on and off.

Custom engine mount is needed, on the drivers side which need to go threw a Belt so is alittle pain in the arse.

when fitting the engine you need to Strip it total down to a bare block mount it and then add all the bits, as there is no room at all in the bay to do anything.

Now here the main Problem and the money shot
the manifolds, the front one hits the crossmember and the rear one (which is the bitch) hits the steering rack, as there is no room at all between the engine and the rack, so both manifold need custom making, which is a Nightmare. as its a matter of make a bit test it make abit more test that, reason being theres only about 3" between the block and rack and in that room you need to make a down pipe with a curve and design it to you can bolt it on.
When i was building mine i spoke to a lad who was one of the first to fit a V6 and he has to Cut his manifold off whenever he wants to take it off and reweld it back on.
mine takes 4hours to take off as i only have about 5mm of spanner movment.
To get a company to make theres your looking about £400 per manifold (only going off what a mate Brett had to pay for his Nova V6)

You will also need a F20 Gearbox and Flywheel plus a uprated clutch as they dont last long, my brand new standard vauxhall one lasted 2 months (300miles)

Cooling the engine is another people, i had head gaskets go in a week (plus another V6 corsa i know went after 3 weeks and e went back to XE) get the biggest Rad you can fit Plus spend money on good fans, i have 2 Kenlow fans which cost £60 each and are well worth every penny.

shafts again upto you, if your using the Split shaft and middle mount you going to need to make a spacer as theres a gap, otherwise the shafts will flop about.

as for Power i wouldent like to say with a C20LET as i havent been aside one, the V6 engine swop in a corsa has not got to be down to power its got to be down to wanting the engine in there, and enjoying the sound it makes (which it awsome), if it was down to power you could get a LET in there which in the long run you could get alot more power out off, where 210bhp is about the limits off a V6 without spending alot of money (unless you got NOS)

I have done loads of XE and LET's into corsas for myself and other people and i would do them again if asked, BUT i would never do another V6 again..........

any more question feel free to u2u

X 60RSA

5th Nov 05 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feck and there is a 3.2 MV6 Corsa in my home town, how did that fit in i'll never know!
BeArDy

5th Nov 05 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are the same as the 3lt and 2.5 really so just the same amount of work, just bigger bore size on the V6

ye Powercrazy's car
hes done a few, the engines out of a Omega MV6 Ex Police car
X 60RSA

5th Nov 05 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh, i did wonder if it was the same size! I havent seen it go yet, hopefully soon!

New Poll