corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » LOWERING- NEED HELP URGENTLY!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LOWERING- NEED HELP URGENTLY!
Scott F

User status: Offline
16th Aug 05 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

currently, my car is up on ramps at a garage with the mechanics scratching their heads! hopefully someone can tell me what is wrong!

they have fitted an fk suspension kit to my car (60/40 drop) and the back is fine but the front you can make bottom out by pulling the car down with your bare hands! i was talking to the lad who did it and apparently he has transferred the bump stops etc over from the original set up and says the springs seem too soft! has n e one got any suggestions or had this happen to them before?
Black Stallion SRi

16th Aug 05 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont know out about suspension but is it possible he put the fronts on the back and back on the front?

dont even know if you can do that lol just guessin
ShEp

16th Aug 05 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm, i had a problem like this when i 60/40'd my car, check underneath the car when its on the ramps, its probably not bottoming out, it'll be hitting the beams on the ramp its silly but it happened to me and i shit myself for a second
purpleperil

16th Aug 05 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you have both spring fitted on the front set up. As I understand it, coilovers have a small and a large spring fitted ontop

Scott F

16th Aug 05 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
hmm, i had a problem like this when i 60/40'd my car, check underneath the car when its on the ramps, its probably not bottoming out, it'll be hitting the beams on the ramp its silly but it happened to me and i shit myself for a second

sorry when i said bottoming out i meant that it was hitting the bumpstops
Lisa

16th Aug 05 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have to cut the bumpstops down .

New Poll