corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Bluetooth Dongle causing net problems?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bluetooth Dongle causing net problems?
Claire

User status: Offline
   27th Jul 05 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whenever I plug my bluetooth dongle in my internet stops working 10 mins or so later - even if i only leave it plugged in for a minute or so! I have to reboot or leave it for half an hour or so before it will go on the net again I'm getting really anoyed and thinking about buying a different dongle but just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to why it might do it?
Thanks
Claire

27th Jul 05 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's broadband via a router BTW.
mazdaspeed

27th Jul 05 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some dongles lol can connect wirelessly to a network so you will have to deactivate this network part of the software i think that should help. Otherwise your comp will try and use the bluetooth to connect to the net.
Claire

27th Jul 05 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhhh That sounds likely! Does anyone know how I go about doing that in bluesoleil software?
Thanks for that
jamesw

27th Jul 05 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

question, how are you connected to this router, through network cable, wirelessly, or usb? Im guessing by the sound of it usb, if this is the case your probably also running via chipset, if this is the case i suggest you purchase a usb card to give you some extra usb ports pref not a via usbcard aswell as they have problems with using multiple usb devices and routers at the same time.

[Edited on 27-07-2005 by jamesw]

[Edited on 27-07-2005 by jamesw]
Tim
Site Administrator

27th Jul 05 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or the fact that she's connecting via wireless connection, which uses the same 2.4Ghz frequency band as Bluetooth, and her wireless card doesn't have the 'bluetooth coexistence' function turned on...
Claire

27th Jul 05 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm connected via a cable as I'm only in the next room however the router does transmit wirelessly to another computer elsewhere in the house.

I think it's sorted now (I turned off networking in the settings of the dongle)

Thanks to all who answered, you saved me some money!

New Poll