corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Lost Power

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Lost Power
Nojustice

User status: Offline
21st Jul 05 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a 1.2 SXI 99 and I had problems with my corsa so i had it checked out with vauxhall and they give me an endless list of problems

Ive fixed all but one fault, they told me that my head gasket was on its way out

Now since the day i got the car back of them i have immediately had problems when starting the car from cold

if i press the gas when the engine is cold, it stalls out, in order to get it going i have to pump the accel rapidly, and the engine seems to whistle when i put my foot down.

Once it is warm it is not too bad and is drivable apart from when i go uphill,or on the motorway, once i do that, the engine management light comes on and i neither gain or lose power if i put my foot to the floor.
it then goes off when i reach the top of the hill.

my initial thoughts was not the gasket but the coolant temp sensor, but someone told me that that is a common head gasket fault....

Can a head gasket be detected by the engine management ????

Any thoughts on this

Sorry for the detailed description about the life of my corsa
dannycorsa c

User status: Offline
21st Jul 05 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a new head gasket before your engine is fucked

New Poll