corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.6 GSI or 1.6 16v Sport...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.6 GSI or 1.6 16v Sport...
Nick A

User status: Offline
19th Jul 05 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after really wanting a GSI it is becoming increasingly hard to find a decent one, so i've decided to start looking at the 1.6 sports.

Out of the two wich is the quickest?? are there any real diffrerences between the car apart form the bodykits?

If i was to buy a 1.6 sport I would get it colour coded anyway, thanks for reading
Greasemonkey

19th Jul 05 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No real difference really, sports is more moden, less likely to be thrashed but allot of engine problems like the later GSI's as they shared the same engine.
Early GSI's were slightly quicker but you would be hard pushed to notice it on the road. Get a sport a black one and then get a GSI kit
Cybermonkey

19th Jul 05 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 GSi with C16XE was fastest production made Corsa. 1.6 GSi with X16XE is same speed as a Sport, since both are same engines. Obviously there are small differences like having AC or not will affect performance slightly, due to a heavier car, but its probably negligable.
I had a Flame Red Sport, loved it i did. lovely engine IMO, really pulled well between 3 and 5k.
Interiors were different between GSi and Sport's. I preferred the Sport interior myself.
PaulW

19th Jul 05 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no dont get a sport with a gsi kit

get a black gsi from either ireland or europe... there rare...
Cybermonkey

19th Jul 05 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i remember going up against an L reg GSi and losing ground. C16XE has better power and torque, 3bhp more and 5lb/ft more. Also peak power and torque was delivered 500rpm lower than X16XE. Better acceleration
Nick A

19th Jul 05 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where im located ive looked at a few gsi's that are worth it thatare fairly local to me, theres a few sports floating about so will have a look.

Wat could i do to a sport to make it quicker - i will be putting 17s on it from my old corsa plus sounds, already have a back box (sebring 6x4). Not to expensive.
Cybermonkey

19th Jul 05 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to make it quicker, dont put 17's on. Get a new inlet manifold from Mantzel/Dbilias, half decent cat back system with a good manifold, management, dyno'd and raised rev limit will have to banging on 150bhp. look at new cams,pulleys and stronger rod bolts too, also steel cam belt rollers.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

20th Jul 05 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
if you want to make it quicker, dont put 17's on. Get a new inlet manifold from Mantzel/Dbilias, half decent cat back system with a good manifold, management, dyno'd and raised rev limit will have to banging on 150bhp. look at new cams,pulleys and stronger rod bolts too, also steel cam belt rollers.

with plenty of headwork as well
mav

20th Jul 05 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the 1.6 sport few cars ago..I liked it the x16xe is a decent engine....

If i had the choise again I would get a late 1.6 sport and put gsi kit on it...

so looks of a gsi but newer/better condition having the sport..Difference in engines is minimal and to be honest not noticable, was never beaten by a gsi in my 1.6 sport.
Cybermonkey

21st Jul 05 at 05:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but i am a LAME driver

New Poll