corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » big xe help needed ecu and loom question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author big xe help needed ecu and loom question
supacook2k

User status: Offline
   27th Jun 05 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i have an early xe engine. (pic below). the ecu i was given with the engine ends in 019. is that ecu motronic 2.5 or 2.8? would i still need to get a wiring loom for an early xe if the ecu id for a later xe and would it all still work?

Nic Barnes

27th Jun 05 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on if the ecu is designed to have the lambda probe or not as some early engines didnt have a lambda, although i would have thought if the loom was for a late one with a early ecu on it it would run fine.
supacook2k

27th Jun 05 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on the manifold that came with the engine there is a big spark plug type thing sticking out of it, so i'm guessing that is the lambda sensor.
supacook2k

27th Jun 05 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is my engine coil pack as the loom i can get hold of is for a coilk pack engine. there is no DIS unit on mine as mine is the early engine? i know i haven't got a clue about theses engines so need all the help i can get?
Nic Barnes

27th Jun 05 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, probably is. its just after the pipes go into 1, kinda just after where the sump would end going back under the car.

if it has a dizzy on the engine then its a 2.5 you want
supacook2k

27th Jun 05 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i know if its a 2.5 or 2.8 ecu? the haynes says my engine is a 2.5. my ecu ends in 019. are there seperate looms for the 2.5 and 2.8 ecu's?

[Edited on 27-06-2005 by supacook2k]
Nic Barnes

27th Jun 05 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, if its got a distributor then 2.5 is the tool for you. if it has an end cap kinda thing over the exhaust cam, then its a dizyless, but judging by the altinator, its a v-belt set up so shouldn be a dizzyless engine
Nic Barnes

27th Jun 05 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.8 had different air mass meter, a sensor in the inlet pipe i can only think is inlet temp, a charcoal canister and the loom is different due to no coil, it just has an amplifier. if you can get a 2.5 loom, try get one with lambda.
supacook2k

27th Jun 05 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
yeah, if its got a distributor then 2.5 is the tool for you. if it has an end cap kinda thing over the exhaust cam, then its a dizyless, but judging by the altinator, its a v-belt set up so shouldn be a dizzyless engine

its a dizzy engine so i need motronic 2.5 loom right?
Nic Barnes

27th Jun 05 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep but get one with lambda connection
Richie

27th Jun 05 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why the fuck are you worrying so much over it? You got the engine, loom and the ECU, whats the problem? If you have suspicion that they have given you the wrong bits then make them aware!

If you know nothing about this, then everything is more than likely fine and your stupidly paranoid.
Nic Barnes

27th Jun 05 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it would concernt me if i had never seen it running, if i had, it would have been fitted by now and i wouldnt be typing this id be out racing imprezza's
supacook2k

27th Jun 05 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
why the fuck are you worrying so much over it? You got the engine, loom and the ECU, whats the problem? If you have suspicion that they have given you the wrong bits then make them aware!

If you know nothing about this, then everything is more than likely fine and your stupidly paranoid.
#

i dont have the loom which i why i want to get it all sorted . just spoke to someone who has a loom so should be good to go

New Poll