corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alarms, Fitting?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alarms, Fitting?
sigibbons

User status: Offline
21st Aug 04 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi i currently have a sparkrite sr75 crappy alarm fitted to my corsa sport but it has been dissconnected by previous owner because it was going off all the time. I have tried connecting it up again but have no responce from key fob.

I have decided its time for a nice new alarm so am looking at a clifford concept 300, 450. Are these any good?

Also how hard is it to fit an alarm? What exactly does it involve? And would it make it harder/easier beacause of my current alarm?

Thanks, si
purple_corsa_gls

21st Aug 04 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant remember if it was in the help and advice or ice and electrics, but if you search in those there's a few posts on Clifford alarms. Thats where i found about them when i considered one.
Richie

21st Aug 04 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Installation is quite simple. Stick to the 300 for ease of installation.

Most wires needed to install the alarm are taped to the glovebox frame. Ive u2u's the locations of the wires needed to you.
sigibbons

21st Aug 04 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys. So do the wires from the alarm loom in the engine bay all need to go to say the doors, boot,etc or do you just plug them up to the cars wiring loom if you get what i mean. Also as i alredy have an alarm installed could some of the wires be used?
Richie

22nd Aug 04 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The alarm loom does not go in the engine bay. The control unit and the loom should be inside the car, and stored in the passenger kickpanel. The only loom that goes through to the bonnet is the one for the alarm siren.

If you dont have a clue what you are doing then id advise leaving it to a pro.

The older alarm you have wont even use hardly any of the wires needed for this new installation. Soldering is required for the best connection.
sigibbons

22nd Aug 04 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i think i will leave it to a pro. How much is approx fitting cost to have an alarm installed?
Richie

22nd Aug 04 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The concept 300 should be anywhere between £240 and £300 fitted
trickeez

27th Nov 05 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cud fit u an alarm...if ur interested

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alarms, Fitting? 23 database queries in 0.0108879 seconds