corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.8 cavalier engine into corsa? what do i need?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.8 cavalier engine into corsa? what do i need?
causer63

User status: Offline
26th Jun 05 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive just been allowed to rob the entire front end out of a cavalier from my college for free so i want to put it into my corsa. its a 1.8 mulipoint, was wondering what engine/gearbox mounts would i need? could i put the gearbox in on my standard 1.2 linkage? will the drive shafts go straight into my 1.2 hubs? i have 1.6 gsi calipers and ebc turbo groove discs will this be enough? was thinking about putting a set of twin 40 webbers onto it so what ignition would i run? PM please cheers!
ed

26th Jun 05 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C20LET fitting kit as the 1.8 is a big block so it needs a differenet engine mount and uses bigger CV's so you need the machined hubs. Big brakes (The ones off of the Cav will be good). You would fit everything as per a 2.0 conversion
ed

26th Jun 05 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh yea, for the Webbers you will need the inlet manifold and the carb ignition from an old Vauxhall which uses carbs. Like an old 1.8 cavalier
causer63

26th Jun 05 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can i get the machined hubs from and how much? or can i machine the standar 1.2 hubs as i know an engineering place which could do it? or could the cav hubs go on but what about the shocker moutings are they the same between cav/corsa?
ed

26th Jun 05 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need machined Cavalier hubs to fit onto the Corsa bearings, they have to be machined very accurately, to about 0.5mm apparently. You can get them, along with the engine mount you need from Lee Mitchell off of here, you also should use the Cossvaux/Regal/M Tec driveshafts because the Cav ones are slightly too long, but you can get away with the Cav ones.

Do a search for 2.0 conversions, it's basically the same conversion.

New Poll