corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Part Ex'ing car am I right or wrong?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Part Ex'ing car am I right or wrong?
M2RTY

User status: Offline
25th Jun 05 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808

what about if they just say that its part of the car, even though i tell them its a content what if they just keep saying no its calssed as part of the car? goto Trading Standards/threaten them with that?

again comes back to the fact that the tax disc is a reciept, not a part of a car.

you go to trading standards and they will laugh at you

look at how many cars are sold every day - its part of the deal 99.9999% of the time unless stated otherwise

at the end of the day its a scrap of paper to say that the car (not you) but the car is legally able to drive on public roads for 6 months, so long as it is taxed and MOT'ed
Skinz

25th Jun 05 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its only part of the deal IF stated not otherwise
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

25th Jun 05 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RV H
quote:

what about if they just say that its part of the car, even though i tell them its a content what if they just keep saying no its calssed as part of the car? goto Trading Standards/threaten them with that?

again comes back to the fact that the tax disc is a reciept, not a part of a car.

you go to trading standards and they will laugh at you

look at how many cars are sold every day - its part of the deal 99.9999% of the time unless stated otherwise

at the end of the day its a scrap of paper to say that the car (not you) but the car is legally able to drive on public roads for 6 months, so long as it is taxed and MOT'ed

not quite true that last bit either. its a reciept to say you have purchased the tax, not a right for the car to be driven on a public road.
Robbo

25th Jun 05 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I sold my CTR back to a dealer and think they wanted the tax but before I left I said can I sit in her one last time

Slipped the tax disk out unnoticed, gave it to my mum (who was with me) and had myself a nice £45 refund

*Schmickles*
Sam
Premium Member

26th Jun 05 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
I sold my CTR back to a dealer and think they wanted the tax but before I left I said can I sit in her one last time

Slipped the tax disk out unnoticed, gave it to my mum (who was with me) and had myself a nice £45 refund

*Schmickles*

DAYZEE

26th Jun 05 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you get tax on the Clio?
Skinz

26th Jun 05 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DAYZEE
Did you get tax on the Clio?

nope, in fact when we asked if it would coem with tax he even said they dont sell cars with tax, so why should we

[Edited on 26-06-2005 by Skinz]
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 05 at 00:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You already did, I can't think of any legal or contractual reason why something which was present at the time the vehicle was valued and left in the vehicle when it changed hands can later be claimed to still be your property.

Maybe if you had indicated somewhere on the paperwork, but it will be very difficult to pursue this, short of them giving in as a good will gesture.
Ian
Site Administrator

27th Jun 05 at 00:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
contact the police
And tell them about what crime?
Skinz

27th Jun 05 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
You already did, I can't think of any legal or contractual reason why something which was present at the time the vehicle was valued and left in the vehicle when it changed hands can later be claimed to still be your property.

Maybe if you had indicated somewhere on the paperwork, but it will be very difficult to pursue this, short of them giving in as a good will gesture.

so if i left my laptop was in the vehicle at the time of valuation and i left it in there when we excahgned vehicles it would legally be theres?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Part Ex'ing car am I right or wrong? 23 database queries in 0.0137351 seconds