corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall are.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall are.......
jr

User status: Offline
21st May 05 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have had this before with motor factors. alot of the books are wrong

eg we had a bloke from a factors up the road who asked us to check ETKA (vw EPC) to see if there was more than one cv joint kit for a 6n2 polo gti, his book only showed 1

but his customer said it wouldnt fit, i looked it up and there was infact 3 diffrent types of kit depending on vin number and engine number
broster
Premium Member

21st May 05 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well what can i say i must have been lucky, but how can i say anything when the vauxhall bloke didnt even seem bothered to help me! there may well be more than one liosted, even so why didnt he look and sell me oth and let me refund the unopened one?!

[Edited on 21-05-2005 by broster]
James_DT

21st May 05 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just take which ever part I need replacing into Pug and go "I want one of these" and that's that. I have the Pug EPC now, so it's a bit easier.
bubble

21st May 05 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some parts people in my place are poo heads and ask unnecessary questions,BUT sometimes they will need engine codes for stuff like water pumps n certain gaskets but for 02 sensors and stuff like that u only need engine model ie z12xe,or y22dtr
IntaCepta

21st May 05 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you might as well drive ur car thru the parts section, will probably come out quicker as well...
starkmotorsport

22nd May 05 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like JR says, if you were the one working behind the desk then you'd want to make sure you got the right part first time, so that no "expert" comes back mouthing off a day later.

Fair game, not all parts desk people are the most clued up, but they're not exactly mechanics are they!? How are they meant to know the differences in parts they've never fitted? They see pictures on the computer and lots of numbers. Plus you moan that they take too long - atleast they're willing to give you the time of day, rather than fob you off as their too busy, or just throw you a part and grab your money before checking its actually right.

If you want genuine parts that are made specifically for your car then quit moaning, but remember that motor factor parts are built to work for a range of cars, so can often be "slightly different"
broster
Premium Member

22nd May 05 at 09:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

end of the day id have understood if he actually looked up and saw\ there were more than one part, but he didnt, hence i was a little pissed off! the motor factor part was exactly the same, had the same part number on stamped on it...why should i quit moaning, he made no effort to help me.... maybe ill go have a cup of tea and forget about it
corsaggh

22nd May 05 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They told me that they need the chasis number so the can sell me a new boot handle???????
So ended up not buing one.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vauxhall are....... 23 database queries in 0.0185211 seconds