corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » tyre wear

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tyre wear
sunshine beast

User status: Offline
26th Apr 05 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insides on my tyres are wearing on front 2 tyres r reg corsa b lowered 35" on standards shocks, tyres are wearing on inside.
is this tracking or cambers i posted last week but n one seemed to kno. any help would be gud
Greasemonkey

26th Apr 05 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would indicate camber, if ya didnt get the tracking done when ya lowerd it get it done, a decent garage will check it for free and only charge ya if it is out and ya want it doing, laser alighnment is best so find a garage that has this, ATS normally do
MR2Mike

26th Apr 05 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep tracking - deffo get that done FIRST! £15 tops. then if that doesnt solve it, get them to check castor, camber n kpi, just to make sure everything is okay, but i reckon its just tracking mate ... (been learnin bout it today believe it or not at college lol)
Greasemonkey

26th Apr 05 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to let ya know the camber is fixed ona corsa it cannot be adjusted, you can elongate the holes on the suspension turret (not reccomended) or get a camber correction kit, quite expensive
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Apr 05 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Camber and castor are not adjustable on standard shocks. I'd definately get it tracked, you should have done this when it was lowered anyway.

A bit of camber is not a big problem, if anything it makes the turn in a bit more keen so if you're happy with the handling I wouldn't worry too much unless you're wearing out tyres very quickly.

[Edited on 26-04-2005 by Ian]
MR2Mike

26th Apr 05 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh depends on shock type if you can adjust camber n stuff, tracking is the most likely thing to cause it .. 99.9% chance lol
X 60RSA

27th Apr 05 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My XE is lowered 60mm, i've had a play with the tyre pressures to try and even out the tyre wear but a set on the front only see's me 4 thousand miles!

New Poll