corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » advice needed?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author advice needed?
Jamie Walby

User status: Offline
4th Apr 05 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What cables do i need to wire in my amp and sub? also, why do people say not to get 6x9s? What would i need to get a good sounding ice install? I.E front componants sub and amps??

thanks for any help?
Mo

4th Apr 05 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to wire amp u need a amp wiring kit (phono leads, earth cable, power cable, remote live cable) to wire the sub from the amp it's only one lead

people say don't get 6x9 cause they're not good for bass and get get proper bass u need a sub. u can filter the bass from 6x9's but then u don't need 6x9's cause your only using it for treble. what u should do is get components and use them to get the treble u need and then use a sub for the bass. the sound will be much crisp and clean.

to get a good sound install personally i would go for 2 sets of compontents (upfront and rear) on a amp and a good sub. plus sound deadening the car would be handy
Jamie Walby

4th Apr 05 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks! would both sets of components neet to run of an amp or just the fronts/backs?
Mo

4th Apr 05 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats upto u. if u get a good set of components they will probably need amplifiying cause your headunit won't be powerful enough for it. so if u get 2 good sets i'd say both.

best way to do it is run them off your headunit first and see how loud they are. if they're not loud enough amp them lol
Jamie Walby

4th Apr 05 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, Ive see that you can get wiring kits! can you point me in the right direction of one i will need
Mo

4th Apr 05 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it all depends one what u wanna spend. the thicker the leads the better but then its's hard to run thoughout the car.

u should need anyhting too expensive for a normal ICE install but u might want it for show
Jamie Walby

4th Apr 05 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the interior is stripped as its all being re-trimmed so am gonna run the leads through while its all out! what brands should i try to buy?
Mo

4th Apr 05 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brands- hmmm thats a hard one. i personally go for alpine stuff but it don't mean all your stuff should be of one make. Its just upto u fella, depends on how much u wanna spend and what items u like

New Poll