corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 28 inch TV's 28 quid, i've bought 3, think they fucked up!

New Poll
  <<  7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 28 inch TV's 28 quid, i've bought 3, think they fucked up!
drunkenfool

User status: Offline
10th Mar 05 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you find out then let me know!!
Kenni

11th Mar 05 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mis-pricing over the net is a grey area in legal terms.

In this country the law is based upon statute law. There isnt a case yet where mis-pricing over the net has gone through the courts.

The nearest example is Kodak.
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/business/0,39020645,2103494,00.htm

Kodak hounored ALL sales simply down to public pressure and the thought of fighting individual cases through courts.
If you read, Kodak DID make legally binding contracts with their customers even regardless of payment.

Simply contact the media, everyone send a few eNotes banging on about the subject...

TimS

11th Mar 05 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but if you read ebuyers t&C they are in the right regaurdless of weather they take payment or not.
TimS

11th Mar 05 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
If you go into a shop and somethying is advertised say at £20 instead of £50 by mistake by law they have to sell you it at price advertised.

Like for instance a few months ago I went into homebase to get a roll of wallpaper and it is £9.99 a roll..I seen one roll with 99p on it...thought

so took it to till and they said somebody had put it on there and thats not the price...

But they had to give it to me at 99p..She went and seen her manager and had to sell it at that price.......

But the company on the net might just try and get out of it and would be a pain trying to get it for that price..If I get one fair do's but if not get a refund and nothing lost

[Edited on 05-03-2005 by mav]

Your half right they either have to sell it you or take that product off the selves for a certain about of time, about 14 days i think. most unless it is mega expensive and a massive fuck up will just give it you.

With a internet site they can just removed the link and not sell that goods for that period of time. But again if you read there t&c they don't have to give you anything.
Kenni

11th Mar 05 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TimS
quote:
Originally posted by mav
If you go into a shop and somethying is advertised say at £20 instead of £50 by mistake by law they have to sell you it at price advertised.

Like for instance a few months ago I went into homebase to get a roll of wallpaper and it is £9.99 a roll..I seen one roll with 99p on it...thought

so took it to till and they said somebody had put it on there and thats not the price...

But they had to give it to me at 99p..She went and seen her manager and had to sell it at that price.......

But the company on the net might just try and get out of it and would be a pain trying to get it for that price..If I get one fair do's but if not get a refund and nothing lost

[Edited on 05-03-2005 by mav]

Your half right they either have to sell it you or take that product off the selves for a certain about of time, about 14 days i think. most unless it is mega expensive and a massive fuck up will just give it you.

With a internet site they can just removed the link and not sell that goods for that period of time. But again if you read there t&c they don't have to give you anything.

A mis-priced item in a shop, the keeper has the right to refuse to sell the item to the customer.The price shown, what ever the price is an' invitation to treat'. The buyer makes an offer, and its up to the shop to accept it at that price.
Usually they honour the item at that price on goodwill if the difference isnt too much.

As for eBuyer. The TV's are 'discontinued' and NOT availavble to anyone even if the buyer offers at the correct price, therefore, as TimS quoted, they are taking it off for a litmited time period...or probably just an excuse by saying 'the item is out-of-stock' therefore cant sell it/deliver it....cunning indeed, but i'm sure they have contacted a legal body about this matter.

<<  7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 28 inch TV's 28 quid, i've bought 3, think they fucked up! 23 database queries in 0.0110438 seconds