corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Dual Battery Help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dual Battery Help
RKS

User status: Offline
30th Jan 05 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After some info on dual battery setups,

Heres what I want it to do,

When the car is running I want both Battery A and B connected (so both will charge) What i want to be able to do is when im parked up (at cruises and shows) be able to turn Battery A off so that it doesnt discharge, and just run my stereo from Battery B, then is the battery runs flat it doesnt matter because i can run on Battery A to fire the car first time

Basically to aviod an embarrassing situation at a show last year where my battery ran flat (Dont let ur gf demo ur ICE for you!!!!)

Is this sort of setup expensive?? I assume i will need to get an uprated altenator?? what would i need possibly one from a diesel??
Will94

User status: Offline
30th Jan 05 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you wanna do is quite simple... just have a big main power cable coming from your batt upfront with a heavy duty isolator switch inline, going into a distribution block in the back. Then have this splitting off with fuses/circuit breakers into your amps. Have your second batt feeding into this with a ciruit breaker inline. This way u can have it all switched on & charging, then get to the cruise and u can flick off the isolator switch and it will all run off your 2nd batt. Likewise if u dont wanna charge the second batt, just flick off the inline circuit breaker.
As for the alternator, depending on what engine and alternator you have originally you could do a simple upgrade. Mine is a 1.2 8v with a 55A as standard and i bolted on a 100A one as a straight swap, same sorta one found on a lot of 2ltr cavs and omegas. Easiest way to be sure is to go into a shop and decipher which one yours is, then get them to call up their alternator supplier and ask for one that is higher amperage but same mountings (if they're any good they should be able to sort this).
Nice essay huh
U2U me if ya got any more questions m8

New Poll