corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X Reg Corsa C 1.4sri - warning light

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X Reg Corsa C 1.4sri - warning light
corsa_sri_lee

User status: Offline
20th Jan 05 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, I have an unmodified corsa C with some probs. Been having a lot of v. intermittent hesitation / jerkiness coupled with random cut-outs when coming to a halt - revs drop down to about 300 RPM - sometimes they pick-up, but at sometimes results in stall, like I said though v.intermittent. Engine temp / air temp / moisture level etc seem to play no part in this - does seem to be worse when fuel level is low.

Anyway, I've now got engine warning light on dash after last cut-out. Its the one at the top left, think its meant to represent an engine. Car is running fine, no cut-outs, just the occasional jerkiness and slightly down on power.

Can anyone give me any clues before I go see the expensive lying vauxhall people.....

Lee
russb

20th Jan 05 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crankshaft/camshaft sensor, idle control valve, overfuelling maybe? i have nearly the same probs as those n it was the crankshaft sensor, i have a corsa B tho, n a m8 has a B and his was the camshaft with similar probs.
corsa_sri_lee

24th Jan 05 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

For your information it was the EGR valve. Had it replaced for £86. Test was £40. Had a good-will voucher from previous nightmare service so I didn't have to pay the full whack......

Cheers,
Lee
plewsy90

10th Aug 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be the stepper motor of egr. trying removing egr and checking plunger isnt stuck depending on what type of egr you can buy a blanking plate to cut the egr out of the system. if its not that will be the idle stepper motor.

New Poll