corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Maybe a stupid question (servicing)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Maybe a stupid question (servicing)
Dean_H

User status: Offline
4th Jan 05 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its coming up to my 2nd year of owning my car and its due a service (need to be done at vauxhall for the warrenty and the AA cover)

Last year I had my car serviced where i bought the car, they charged me 2 hours labour charges where I KNOW FOR A FACT that he only spent 45mins on my car as i seen him drive past me, walk into the dealers 5mins later and car is ready 45mins after he started
Argued my point to the dopey useless woman on the servicing desk, she didnt budge from the 2hour labour charge...
So im going to taking it to another vauxhall dealership, but can i get it serviced elsewhere and also does all dealers charge the same rate when it comes to servicing.....
Cheers
Dean_H

4th Jan 05 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also would my brake pads need changing as ive nearly done 20,000. Cant be bothered to get the jack out and get the wheel off to check

Would pads be changed for free?

How much do vauxhall charge for new pads, would it be a good idea to buy some pads and ask them to fit the ones i bought (got a halfords voucher i need to get rid of £25)
Adam_B

5th Jan 05 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

different garages have different rates.

Vauxhall wont fit any parts you buy urself.
MarkM

5th Jan 05 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pads may need changing after 20k yes...and as for pads...do them yourself...will be £15 tops from motor factors...takes about 30 mins...if that...vauxhall will bum you a lot extra to do it...

New Poll