corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crashed skyline

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author crashed skyline
James_DT

User status: Offline
5th Jan 05 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
dunno if its right or not but the rule i use on a 2 lane roundabout is the left lane first or the second exit... anything else then i'd use the right lane when entering...

Yep unless marked other wise ^ I'd agree (generally I find the second exit is straight on), It would seem to make more sense and if everyone kept the same I'm sure there would be a lot less accidents. We could go on all day about the differences in official road law and what people actual practice 'like flashing lights etc...'

From people I've been out in cars with, it seems to be people taught more recently do it that way whereas peope taught a few years ago use the left hand lane for everything except the last exit.
AK

5th Jan 05 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing is..... if there is any hint of this not going 100% in my fav i dont want to use my insurance..... i can fix it for less than the 400 excess, never mind the premium hike from a claim
AK

5th Jan 05 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AK

5th Jan 05 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a call back from Esure.

They have called Mr Law again, and talked the incident through with him. (the women knew the road well etc which helped)

He now admits he was taking the 3rd exit, not the 2nd. He was unaware of the 2nd exit i pressume. He has admitted fault to Esure, and they are now sorting everything out, without me having to spunk out my excess etc...

hope this works out well now

Esure have been really helpfull actualy, est a women called Irene . May consider them for ins from now on
Half Pint

5th Jan 05 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

send her some flowers
Drew
Banned

5th Jan 05 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
quote:
quote:
dunno if its right or not but the rule i use on a 2 lane roundabout is the left lane first or the second exit... anything else then i'd use the right lane when entering...

Yep unless marked other wise ^ I'd agree (generally I find the second exit is straight on), It would seem to make more sense and if everyone kept the same I'm sure there would be a lot less accidents. We could go on all day about the differences in official road law and what people actual practice 'like flashing lights etc...'

From people I've been out in cars with, it seems to be people taught more recently do it that way whereas peope taught a few years ago use the left hand lane for everything except the last exit.

i was taught 12 years ago, and i do not use the left hand lane for every exit except for the last one
AK

5th Jan 05 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was taught about 8yrs ago, and dont.... my mother and father dont either..... no one i know does unless then make a booboo and then cautiously go round the outside whilst indicating
Tiger

5th Jan 05 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If was going straight on, for example on a 3 lane roundabout, id be in the middle lane, if it was a 2 lane roundabout id be in the left lane. If im turning right on any roundabout id be in the right hand lane closest to the inside of the roundabout.

Thats me
AK

5th Jan 05 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there is traffic on left lane, use right.... unless it states otherwise.

Just had a call from Mr Law about the whole thing.... just telling me what he said etc..... basically he wasnt sure of the road layout etc so he must have forgotten about the 1st exit on the left.... i dunno
AK

6th Jan 05 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a call from Esure...

There is no dispute on liability.

My car is to be fixed at Dudingston Coachworks (have to look them up, 5year gaurantee on the work etc) with no cost to me at all, no excess, no claim on my policy
Hire car from Hertz - astra or focus

Esure have impressed me and its refreshing to speak to folk that understand you as well as you being able to understand them..... Scottish Call centre

[Edited on 06-01-2005 by Adam Kindness]
Alex

6th Jan 05 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good to hear its all sorted
AK

6th Jan 05 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Duddingston Coachworks Ltd phoned a sec ago......
car is booked in for a look over next friday now
James_DT

6th Jan 05 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Drew
quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
quote:
quote:

i was taught 12 years ago, and i do not use the left hand lane for every exit except for the last one

Having said that, most people I know can't drive for crap.

edit: damn pikey word filters.

[Edited on 06-01-2005 by James_DT]
GT4Brody

6th Jan 05 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good to hear a claim for someone actually working out....
AK

7th Jan 05 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting my hire car delivered to my door today

Think it will be a ford focus 1.6......

des - something to play with tomorrow

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » crashed skyline 23 database queries in 0.0146680 seconds