corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wiring up footwell neons (need a guide for dummys)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wiring up footwell neons (need a guide for dummys)
corsa_dh

User status: Offline
16th Nov 04 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wondering best place to wire them to. Don't really want trail of wires comin out of cig lighter. Need to no about fuses and where a switch goes in the circuit as well. Really have no idea bout this.
cheers
baz2003uk

16th Nov 04 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Run a live wire to your interior light live wire and just earth it some easiest place this way when doors are opened neons turn on when closed they turn off and you can still turn them on via the dial for your lights
all i did was cut into the live wire near the light and earth cant think where now and stick an inline fuse in takes about 30 mins if that

corsa_dh

16th Nov 04 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even thats still a bit complicated. Jus pretend your writing it for a 3 year old. Wanted it so they come on from a switch, not really when doors open.
Smick

16th Nov 04 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just use the wires goin to the cig lighter.

There are 4 screws holding the ashtray to the dash, one in each corner. Unscrew these, you will see two wires going to the cig lighter. Either split the wires using a terminal block, or just cut them (leaves you with no lighter, I dont smoke so its no sweat 2 me) Run the neons off this, just using the switch that came with them to turn it on / off.

Its def the simplest way and you dont have any wires showing.

I used the space for the cig lighter to house the switch, fits perfect. like this

(sorry for the bad pic but u get the idea)

philjones86

17th Nov 04 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another option, is to run the wire with the positive from the adjustable light switch in the dash, (where you change the brightness of the dash lights) and earth it wherever you like.

Then put a switch in line of this, that way, they can be on or off, and when they are on you can adjust the brightness, looks really good when they dim with the dash lights!

[Edited on 17-11-2004 by philjones86]
mjw_2k2

17th Nov 04 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ ingenius! lol i like it, never thought of there lol! you can even wire the neons from the back of your head unit, cut into the power (12v red cable) and also the black one (earth) attach the cables and secure properly! then should come on when ignition is on and can turn off with switch, il put some pics up soon of my switch locations!

[Edited on 18-11-2004 by mjw_2k2]
mjw_2k2

18th Nov 04 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smick

18th Nov 04 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mjw_2k2

^^^ That looks class mate, I wudnt have the balls 2 start puttin holes in bits of trim unless I knew I had spares!

Good job there, looks well
mjw_2k2

18th Nov 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats my old one^ just above the hazard switch, got fed up with the blank square

[Edited on 18-11-2004 by mjw_2k2]

New Poll