corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered my free walk-o-meter....

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just ordered my free walk-o-meter....
mike_1.2LS96

User status: Offline
7th Nov 04 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just ordered mine with a funny name
T1NK

7th Nov 04 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ordered mine 2 weeks ago and i got it thursday morning
Tim
Site Administrator

7th Nov 04 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shawboy
whats with all big companies giving these away?
first it was mcdonalds
the sun had them free in the paper yesterday and now walkers crisp are giving them away too.
are these a thing everyone must have these days?

McDonalds and Walkers hmmmm... maybe they're feeling guilty for making the whole country fat
James_DT

7th Nov 04 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan B
The website doesn't work in Opera, can't be bothered firing up IE just because of some web-designer's bad-website-design.

[edit] Even worse, the page works in Opera when I tell it to report back to webservers as being IE6.0, so it's the web-designer deciding what browsers people should use.

[Edited on 07-11-2004 by Dan B]

Common practice for web designers to employ something that makes sure that websites can't be viewed in browsers that potentially wouldn't work properly or even wouldn't work at all.
corsa5dr

7th Nov 04 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tim
quote:
Originally posted by shawboy
whats with all big companies giving these away?
first it was mcdonalds
the sun had them free in the paper yesterday and now walkers crisp are giving them away too.
are these a thing everyone must have these days?

McDonalds and Walkers hmmmm... maybe they're feeling guilty for making the whole country fat

Not far off really
Itll be to do with something called CSR- Corporate social responsibility, e.g a company acts responsibily within its environment as to satisfy shareholders/attract investment.
The "healthy revolution" is a trend at the moment to make the company healthier, its a big issue within the government and companies are using it. The last issue along this scale would have been the Green movement.
There is a trend between good CSR and shareholder investment/stakeholder satisfaction, which is why these things happen.

Additionally its a marketing ploy to get the brand in the customers head, people went to mcdonalds to get a stepometer as a novelty item, and bought a meal at the same time. It reinforces the brand with customers and makes sure it remains in their "evoked set"- which is basically a shortlist of products that remains in your head when you search for a product.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered my free walk-o-meter.... 23 database queries in 0.0197730 seconds