corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » has ma car bin wrote off

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author has ma car bin wrote off
Martin

User status: Offline
   6th Nov 04 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My engine bay is bent. Waiting for car to go on to a jig..

Insurance company said if it chasis isnt bent, we will mend everything including all irmscher n steiny stuff coz its an 03 plate n it wood be criminal to scrap it

But if its bent, they'll put the car in the skip without looking nack at all

Gota wait till thursday b4 i know for defo wats happenin wit ma car. Does anyone know if an engine bay can be bent, yet the chasis stil straight...? Cause the car look bent when ma self and Red_sxi had a look around it...

sim0ng

6th Nov 04 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DONT TRUST EM! ya car may not be written off, about a month ago my dads 307 got a right smack in the back and he was told it was a right off, the chassis want bent and had a whole lot of things wrong with it, last week he got a phone call from some mechanic telling him thet he'd boiught my dads old car and it was back on the road again, he'd put the chassis on a jig and straighend t out, bought some new parts for it and managed to get it back on the road for under £4thousand and thats including buying the car! so if your car is a write off make sure its completely fisposed of i-e chop it into peices/ get it crushed.
Greg_M

6th Nov 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it writeen off, buy it back! loads of my mates have done this ad made £££££'s
1600power

6th Nov 04 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao if its written off it wont get scrapped no car ends up like this unless it is proper fucked i.e flat!

I repair damaged repairable cars and some even get written off because of a dented wing! its shocking but thats why insurance is so high they right everything off and its only minor damage!!!

[Edited on 06-11-2004 by 1600power]
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 04 at 01:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance companies will only repair to a particular standard, which normally does not include jigging bodyshells. In this case the car is beyond economic repair (ie. reshell using brand new shell) and so is written off. There are 4 classes of write-off (A,B,C and D), some of which are allowed to be repaired using alternative methods (ie. repair to the shell, jig etc.) by someone else and put back on the road, and some which are not.

Unless the car is very badly damaged or been on fire etc. it won't be completely scrapped.

[Edited on 07-11-2004 by Ian]

New Poll