corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo FQ400

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Evo FQ400
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
28th Oct 04 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nick, my point is that is too far a drivers car. The original 5/6 etc. were raw enough, the 7/8 improved that, the FQs are just figures for the sake of figures. Lets be honest, you have to be seriously talented, brave or stupid to ever get remotely close to the limits of the car. Wasted IMO. I'd rather see my money put it to refinement, thick leather, DVD nav in the dash and big expensive tyres.

That might mean a posers car or simply an alternative choice in the price bracket for someone with a different viewpoint. And as Nath correctly pointed out there are cars that compromise even less than the Evo and give a proper driving experience. They can't carry 4 friends and their luggage, but last time I asked my friends how they felt when I was giving it death, they wanted to get out. I should imagine they'd make a mess of the back of you headrest in one of those driven in anger.
Dom

28th Oct 04 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Nick, my point is that is too far a drivers car. The original 5/6 etc. were raw enough, the 7/8 improved that, the FQs are just figures for the sake of figures. Lets be honest, you have to be seriously talented, brave or stupid to ever get remotely close to the limits of the car. Wasted IMO. I'd rather see my money put it to refinement, thick leather, DVD nav in the dash and big expensive tyres.

That might mean a posers car or simply an alternative choice in the price bracket for someone with a different viewpoint. And as Nath correctly pointed out there are cars that compromise even less than the Evo and give a proper driving experience. They can't carry 4 friends and their luggage, but last time I asked my friends how they felt when I was giving it death, they wanted to get out. I should imagine they'd make a mess of the back of you headrest in one of those driven in anger.

i love you ian, that made me laugh

tbh, im with everyone else on here a convertable M3 for daily use and a Tiger to rape evos around the track
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Oct 04 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not wishing to diss evos at all as I'm personally half a fan of them but there's a white 5 parks in my works car park. I pointed it out to my girlfriend and asked how much she thought it was worth as we were talking about changing cars. She said 'don't know, looks fairly old and its full of boy racer tat, about £500'.

I know you're going to say she has no clue about cars but her views do probably reflect that of most people who aren't "drivers". For my 50k I'd want not to look in any way like a boy racer, any day of the week.

[Edited on 28-10-2004 by Ian]
kerzo

28th Oct 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave1682
Is this the model that went head-to-head with the pagani zonda and won in a car magazine last month?

Cn't remember which mag though, might have been autocar or something but wasn't some crap like max power or fast car though

yeah you are right, have it here!

its all a bit petty arguing what is better, this fq400 or a supercar cos at the end of the day what are the chances of most of us owning one?? i would take the evo anyway if the situation arose cos at least you would be able to drive it on the majority of roads in the country
Dave1682

29th Oct 04 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik (aimed at Nath)
Ok. Prick

[Edited on 28-10-2004 by nik]

I love it when people get too excited! Nik's out-of-the-blue agression tickled me! I see you two have a wee bit of a grudge against each other? Personally, I think all the bickering is class! Good job lads
Robbo

29th Oct 04 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL @ this thread, for those who are slating powerful Evo's, give Owen Developments a call and find some vids of their Evo... I think you'll be eating your words I see that car everyday (well when itsnot being worked on) and it is STUPIDLY fast and handles unbelievably amazing!

That said, I'd have an M3 anyday because I just love them plain and simple
Robbo

29th Oct 04 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, to be fair, every1 wants to protect the particluar car they own and not have people bad mouthing it when they actually care about it, I did the same about my CTR when I had it
big eck

29th Oct 04 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Also, to be fair, every1 wants to protect the particluar car they own and not have people bad mouthing it when they actually care about it, I did the same about my CTR when I had it

You would think this was true although most people on here do nothing but say that corsas are shite
Robbo

29th Oct 04 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True mate
AdiSRI

29th Oct 04 at 07:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats because corsas are shite...

[Edited on 29-10-2004 by AdiSRI]
Ditch

29th Oct 04 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
Posers car? and a convertable poncy M3, whatever floats your boat...I'd rather something thats a real driver's car than an over weight barge that won't go around corners and doesn't even go very well in a straight line

thas just bullshit

M3 has a GREAT chassis!
Ditch

29th Oct 04 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
PMSL @ this thread, for those who are slating powerful Evo's, give Owen Developments a call and find some vids of their Evo... I think you'll be eating your words I see that car everyday (well when itsnot being worked on) and it is STUPIDLY fast and handles unbelievably amazing!

I dont think anyones debating that the FQ-400 will not be a VERY fast car!!
Cybermonkey

31st Oct 04 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think the point people are trying to put across is that its 48k worth of track car that is slower than some cheaper track cars out there. Its not logical, but who cares when it goes so fast anyway
Cybermonkey

31st Oct 04 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it feels like the FQ400 is just retaliation to Subaru directly, and the outcome is ripped off customers.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo FQ400 23 database queries in 0.0123391 seconds