corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo FQ400

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Evo FQ400
GIBBS

User status: Offline
28th Oct 04 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
looks good that but im curious to know if it can be a serious contender against supercars - such as ferrari's, porsches etc.
I suppose if those figures are achieved, then it suppose it wouldnt be far behind a supercar, but i still dont think it has the power to rape one

btw, can these be tuned further?

Traction and handling, would like to see many super cars keep up with it down a B road. And yeah it was up against the Zonda last month and did VERY well so theres your answer...can be tuned up, many Evos running well over 800bhp now

i wouldnt say many!! very few ! shown to be acheivable now though..
Dom

28th Oct 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:
looks good that but im curious to know if it can be a serious contender against supercars - such as ferrari's, porsches etc.
I suppose if those figures are achieved, then it suppose it wouldnt be far behind a supercar, but i still dont think it has the power to rape one

btw, can these be tuned further?

Traction and handling, would like to see many super cars keep up with it down a B road. And yeah it was up against the Zonda last month and did VERY well so theres your answer...can be tuned up, many Evos running well over 800bhp now

thats the thing, i bet a decent supercar (take the koenigsegg for example) would easily keep up with it on bendies considering you wouldnt be doing more than 60 on B roads
And on a track, it would quick its arse to kingdom come.....however, it is a nice car, shame that they dont do 3door versions and looks abit less like a box
Robbo

28th Oct 04 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60 on B Roads, I can do more than that in my 106 sometimes
Cybermonkey

28th Oct 04 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

lol i used to do 80+ on B-roads in a corsa
Robbo

28th Oct 04 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom

28th Oct 04 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

im sure you can, but then again you would be breaking the law

eitherway, im sure a propper supercar (enzo, F1, koenigsegg, Tiger etc) would out handle that and in a straight line the evo would barely keep up.

However, like i said, its a nice car...it just a shame that they dont do 3door versions and they have gone down the same route as prosche have with each of their models - lack of new designing skills. If they made it look more sporter, rather than a balding middle age mans car, then it would be great

[Edited on 28-10-2004 by VisibleMan]
Cybermonkey

28th Oct 04 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

im sure you can, but then again you would be breaking the law

eitherway, im sure a propper supercar (enzo, F1, koenigsegg, Tiger etc) would out handle that and in a straight line the evo would barely keep up.

However, like i said, its a nice car...it just a shame that they dont do 3door versions and they have gone down the same route as prosche have with each of their models - lack of new designing skills. If they made it look more sporter, rather than a balding middle age mans car, then it would be great

[Edited on 28-10-2004 by VisibleMan]

the 0-100 time is more than enough to keep up with carrera GT's, Enzo's, maybe not konigsegg though
_Allan_

28th Oct 04 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people are missing the point..It's only £48,000. It's a hell of a lot of car for that money and it's practical too.
Nismo

28th Oct 04 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stick that engine in an Evo 4/5/6 and im in love.
Dom

28th Oct 04 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
Some people are missing the point..It's only £48,000. It's a hell of a lot of car for that money and it's practical too.

thats the thing, i can think of a handful of cars that are alot cheaper than that and would outrun majority of bikes let alone this evo, so its certainly not cheap if your after performance.

however, it is pratical interms of a family car, but then again i feel that mitusbishi are trying to aim it as a supercar contender, which they havnt got a hells in chance winning if it looks like a box

personally i would have rounded the thing abit more and made it a 3door jobby...then it would look good. But they seem to be just pullying out the same basic design and just adjust the power and weight

like ive said, its a nice car...but i just dont think it is a contender as a supercar, and i would rather buy a Tiger if i was after performance and have a decent luxury car for every day use
MatthewR

28th Oct 04 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stunning!
nik

28th Oct 04 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

thats the thing, i can think of a handful of cars that are alot cheaper than that and would outrun majority of bikes let alone this evo, so its certainly not cheap if your after performance.

however, it is pratical interms of a family car, but then again i feel that mitusbishi are trying to aim it as a supercar contender, which they havnt got a hells in chance winning if it looks like a box

personally i would have rounded the thing abit more and made it a 3door jobby...then it would look good. But they seem to be just pullying out the same basic design and just adjust the power and weight

like ive said, its a nice car...but i just dont think it is a contender as a supercar, and i would rather buy a Tiger if i was after performance and have a decent luxury car for every day use

Top spec Caterham etc bla bla yeah, they practicle though? Think your missing the point here, you could carry 5 people comfortably in something that would thrash a Ferrari 360 or something which costs £48k new with a 3 year warrenty that can be used as a daily driver And GTF with your super car comments, this would happily keep up with most and out handle all I'd imagine. You obviously haven't driven an Evo down a twisty road...
AdiSRI

28th Oct 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I absolutely love them, its my dream car one day once im earning and there a couple of years iold i WANT one.

They look mint methinks the extra bits just improve an already great looking car imo.
Ditch

28th Oct 04 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

name a car for under 50k with 400-odd bhp and climate control, boot space etc.....? No?? There aint one!

0-100 in under 10secs whilst taking four mates into town.... HELL YEAH
They will sell its 100 limited run no problem I reckon, it will appeal to loads.

Having said that, the FQ-330 thingy failed to impress up against an M3 Evo on straight line speeds (in gear times, not launching 0-60's etc.), in fact all it did was spit glowing embers from the zaust, didnt pull away an inch. I cant comment on the handling tho.

[Edited on 28-10-2004 by Ditch]
GIBBS

28th Oct 04 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:
quote:

Top spec Caterham etc bla bla yeah, they practicle though? Think your missing the point here, you could carry 5 people comfortably in something that would thrash a Ferrari 360 or something which costs £48k new with a 3 year warrenty that can be used as a daily driver And GTF with your super car comments, this would happily keep up with most and out handle all I'd imagine. You obviously haven't driven an Evo down a twisty road...

i tend to agree with a few of these comments, yes it's got great on paper performance, and evo's are renowned for having good handling (even tho best motoring said scooby's out handled evo's and prooved it on a test track) problem is, it is just a mitsubishi saloon car suped up, now i'm not denying it's a great car but it's no where near the level some supercar's are, you say it's bullshit all these people sayin because they havent obviously been in an evo, but i also doubt you've been in the likes of the koenigsegg, mclaren F1, merciellgo, new 430 etc.. etc.. so you can't really say people can't judge as they've not been in an evo, but you havent been in the above

Still.. at the end of the day, 48k for something with those performance statistic's is pretty impressive, but i don't think i'd part with money like that as a main car (as u say can use as a daily driver cart ure mates to town etc..) because quite simply, it's ugly and for 48k i'd like a car that looked nice as well as went fast, now for just a track car (if i had that kind of money to buy a weekend/track car) then it is pretty good value for money, altho.. another point is do u want something brand new for that money, when u could buy a evo5 - 6 spend the 11-12k with the above mods, and a further 4k on a full uprated rebuild and u've got something with same performance for your track car for ALOT less money. even half the amount.

All in all, i wouldnt buy one
Robbo

28th Oct 04 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TG tested top spec evo and top spec scooby a while back (b4 FQ330/40 etc) and scooby was 3seconds behind They certaibnly arnt as good as evos now IMO, all the reports ive read hav the evo as outright betetr
nik

28th Oct 04 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I spent the 12k on my Evo I'd get nowhere near that back in a resale, yes the 400 will depreciate but it's a new car, warrenty and will hold it's value better than a highly tuned 3-4 yr old Evo 4/5/6/7. I think its fairly good value for money, you don't buy an Evo for looks or build quality, go buy an M3 for that but what you do get is something extremly quick, a little bit rare, great scope for tuning and a good reliable engine.

P.S my mate has a new 430 on order and I have been in a lot of 'real' supercars

pps Still not really found anything that gives as much confidence on a wet bendy road as in Evo does.
GIBBS

28th Oct 04 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
TG tested top spec evo and top spec scooby a while back (b4 FQ330/40 etc) and scooby was 3seconds behind They certaibnly arnt as good as evos now IMO, all the reports ive read hav the evo as outright betetr

I think now, you may be right if u include all factors, but you will of heard of best motoring videos (best around) and they the old shape scoob sti on there, and it outhandled the equivilant evo easily and pulled away because of it, but the evo caught up before each corner as it outbroke the scoob fairly easily. Imo i'd have the scoob.
Robbo

28th Oct 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both quality cars
nik

28th Oct 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Lots of Impreza owners turn to Evos, how many go the otherway? The Evo is the better car, I looked into both for months on end. The 400 would pull any out of the box Impreza's pants down Just got to check 2nd hand values to see Imprezas are ten a penny and not what most people think they are. Evos are more tunable, rarer, engine is stronger..bla bla only thing I will say is Imprezas do get their power down well.
Dom

28th Oct 04 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, i would still rather own a P1 over any evo but then again, i loved the days when McRae was wizzing one around some dirty track
GIBBS

28th Oct 04 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
If I spent the 12k on my Evo I'd get nowhere near that back in a resale, yes the 400 will depreciate but it's a new car, warrenty and will hold it's value better than a highly tuned 3-4 yr old Evo 4/5/6/7. I think its fairly good value for money, you don't buy an Evo for looks or build quality, go buy an M3 for that but what you do get is something extremly quick, a little bit rare, great scope for tuning and a good reliable engine.

P.S my mate has a new 430 on order and I have been in a lot of 'real' supercars

pps Still not really found anything that gives as much confidence on a wet bendy road as in Evo does.

the fq400 will be a rare car, but the price will drop a HUGE amount from 48k as soon as it leaves the forecourt, you've got to look at what it's for, if it's a car for takin your mates around town then no, it's ugly and for that money i'd rather something else, I think the car is going to be generally for the performance enthusiast who will beat it up round a track, but then u'd have to have a lot of money to buy that as a 2nd car and could spend the money much more wisely if your going to get a track toy, but.. the 3 year warranty.. will be the main thing people will be gettin the car i imagine.

On a track, with both competant drivers, imo i think the evo will be out of it's league against the real real exotic supercars, i'm not sayin it will get thrashed, but it will be a losing battle. Stock for Stock on all the best motoring / tsukuba battle's i have the evo's always at the back against whatever it's put against be it, skylines rx7s etc.. or whether there's a rarri chucked in there for good measure. the fq400 is a quick car obviously, i just think 48k doesnt make it worth it Imo, 30k on a near new R34GTR Vspec tuned already a bit from japan, put some more mods to take the total tag up to 48k, and it'll wipe the floor with the evo. AS will other's.

This isnt going to be a won battle as all have different views on what cars will be used for, and what is a good car, MY opinion is it's not worth 48k as i don't think it's going to be for an all round car, it's main purpose is for the track, and alot of people (not all) would rather spend less to get the same performance.
But hell, i wouldnt say no
GIBBS

28th Oct 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:

Lots of Impreza owners turn to Evos, how many go the otherway? The Evo is the better car, I looked into both for months on end. The 400 would pull any out of the box Impreza's pants down Just got to check 2nd hand values to see Imprezas are ten a penny and not what most people think they are. Evos are more tunable, rarer, engine is stronger..bla bla only thing I will say is Imprezas do get their power down well.

Hardly a fair comparison the FQ400 against any out of the box scooby, there isnt something of similar power / performance package out there, i'd like to see one and them to go at it at the tsukuba
Greg_M

28th Oct 04 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a business mans car, a posing toy at the end of the day.
GIBBS

28th Oct 04 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And yes there are shit loads therefore affecting the overall price, but then again hardly a fair comparison, there is only the lancer evo people know of really and just the versions ie 4/5/6
each version of scoob, there is so many models including NON turbo versions, wrx, sti, type r, type ra, P1 WR1 etc.. therefore it will be common as the wrx is easy and cheap, if mitsubishi started with having just the lancer over here, a detuned version of the evo etc.. i'm sure there would be just as many!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Evo FQ400 22 database queries in 0.0169702 seconds