corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » nova - 2.0 16v..... budget

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author nova - 2.0 16v..... budget
Adam-D

User status: Offline
24th Oct 04 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just bash it all together and sel it to me for a few quid more than you paid
ed

24th Oct 04 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could knock one together for really cheap. The Nova mounts are about £50 - there is a guy off of MIG who does them and theres loads for sale on eBay... You can use Cavalier drive shafts and modified hubs - though you would be better off using the Cssvaux or M-Tec stuff. But the again, if it breaks, just replace it. The Vauxhall hubs are about £15 each and cost a few £ to get machined and fitted and you can pick up a new (second hand) F20 gearbox for a few £ too if you bust the differential by running too long driveshafts...
AK

24th Oct 04 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup....

spoke with my GF last night too..... thats one more in to the money pot just waiting for the 3rd

will be mega cheap when split 3 ways....
AK

24th Oct 04 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

white nova, glassfibre body parts, perspex windows, stripped bare..... 14 or 15" wheels.... poss a diff i 2nd hand f20 atb can be found cheap....
and around 160bhp..... sounds fun....
Ojc

24th Oct 04 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Oct 04 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're tracking this surely you want it fairly reliable, not a supply of cav shafts and F20s for when they pop.

That car you described sounds like many of the second hand Nova rally cars that you can pick up for little money.

Got to be cheaper than speccing one up yourself, and a lot more suitable.
Ojc

24th Oct 04 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to find a decent shell as well Adam, you DEFFO need Harry Hockley strengthening kit with the Nova else the chassis won't last long, get the engine bay stitch welded along all seams.
AK

25th Oct 04 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nova's that fit the bill.....

Vauxhall Nova rolling shell......
S.Wales
I have for sale a proper comprehensively seam welded Nova rolling shell fitted with: Pillbeam bolt in cage, with forward triangulation, strut brace, bilsteins all round, R/jointed tie bars, uniballs, strengthened tca's with uprated bushes, uniballs, 10mm alloy sumpguard with proper chassis mounts, tank guard, bias pedal box with complete braided hoses throughout, Gsi front brakes with 1144 pads, VW/audi rear calipers, hydraulic handbrake, fibreglass tailgate with side/rear windows in perspex, the car is sat on 14in. Revolution RFX's with brand new Colway moulded slicks.
This car has been stripped to a bare shell, sandblasted and completely re-painted inside, outside underneath etc.. before being put back together and has not been driven since, the paint in the arches is as per the outside (Hopefully the photo will show this). At the time of painting the car was fitted with a pair of brand new doors!! Included with the car is 10 Vauxhall alloys with Colway gravel tyres and spares. Just requires engine, box and extinguishers to be ready to rally again. Car is MSA logbooked. It even includes the intercom!!

2 litre Nova
East Yorkshire..... Seam welded shell with new cage, including door bars, GTE sideskirts and boot spoiler. Painted in white and yellow. Fitted with Koni adjustable suspension and GTE anti roll bar discs all round, with bias valve and hydraulic handbrake. 2 litre 16V engine on K&N induction kit with tubular exhaust manifold, competition exhaust system fitted with all usual rally bits and pieces i.e. extinguishers, FIA battery cut off switch, seats, belts, tank guard etc. £2200.

Gp A Vauxhall Nova LHD
Aberystwyth, West Wales Vauxhall Nova - Left Hand Drive – Harry Hockley Gp A Rally Shell (Unfinished Project). This is a truly superb shell. Fully seem welded and strengthened and fitted with a full weld in cage which is triangulated to the strut tops. This freshly painted shell and engine bay / front rear inner arches (in white) has seat rails and jacking points and comes with a Bilstein quick lift jack and holder. Recent interior paint job in blue. Full Gp A dash and wiring loom (with lamp pod wiring) including Stack Telltale rev counter and 6 VDO gauges, push button start and trip switches. Comes with all panels including excellent doors, bonnet, tailgate, facelift front, front and rear bumpers, laminated screen & glass with FIA film. Also includes:- Harry Hockley front coil overs with alloy top mounts (like new), AVO rear coil overs (new), Tank guard, 16v front and rear brakes, AP hydraulic handbrake, GTE front hubs (not fitted), 4 x GTE complete drive shafts (not fitted), GTE front tie arms and bottom arms with polybushes (not fitted), Q Rack – left hand drive (not fitted), Gp A engine mounts (like new), Engine & Gearbox (fitted in car), 1.4 8v with big valve head and Piper cam, Gp N clutch (new), Standard F13 gearbox. 2 x Motodrive pro seats, 2 x TRS wide aircraft multicoloured (new in box), Corsa electric power steering column, ECU not re-mapped (Standard column still fitted in car). This is one of the best shells you will ever find, only competed on a handful of Belgian tarmac events since built by Harry Hockley. Easy conversion to RHD if preferred. Must be seen to be appreciated. £2900 ovno

1300cc Vauxhall Nova
Lancashire View picture
Ex GPA nova once used by Barry McGuigan [ex world champ boxer]. Pro prepared full seam welded shell S/D multipoint [26]boltin cage. Ex Martin Bowyer GPA 1300 Engine running on DCOE carbs. Irmscher inlet manifold. AST 17 cam solid lifters alloyvernier L&B bottom end ARP bolts, GPA exhaust manifold. Twin facet fuel pumps. Quaife F10 S/C C/R box ZF LSD 4.2 CWP rose jointed gear linkage. 2.25 coil overs bilstien shocks with pilbeam bodies, camnut adjusters, 225lb springs, alloy eccentric top mounts, strengthened bottom arms with uniballs, proper rose jointed caster brackets with adjustable tie bars. Leda adjustable rear shocks, strengthened rear beam, welded calliper brackets. AP 4 POT alloy callipers (CP2340) with AP discs, VW callipers and discs rears with hand brake cable, all fully aeroquiped . H/H 10 millimetre dural sumpguard and brackets. H/H steel tank guard. Lamp pod with piaa + hella lamps. These are just the big bits there all other items too numerous to list. This car has been maintained with no expense spared and have sought professional advice on all aspects. It has been mega reliable and very competitive with a host of class awards and many top 20 finishes and has just won SD34 MSG Stage Rally Championship overall. £5995

Nova Stage Car
Mid Wales
1600cc 147bhp, Twin 45's, F15 s,c,c Quaife box, 4.53 Final Drive, Paddle clutch, 2.25 Hockley struts and engine mounts, Sparco Pro 2000 seats, 3in. belts, 13in. RFX wheels. Too much to list phone for full spec. Very competitive car many class awards and top ten finishes. £5,800

Track Day Nova 1.6
- Road car with SD cage, Bilsteins Quaife diff 145bhp eng on throttle bodies with DTA ECU Aeroquiped Astra GSI front discs & calipers.
£2750 ono

Nova Rally Car
Carlisle View picture
Good Shell No Rust or Rot, Strengthened Strut Tops, Weld In Seat Bars, 6 Point SD Cage With Daigonal & Door Bars, Quick Release Bumpers, Harry Hockley Sump Guard, Kevlar Tank Guard, Kevlar Underbody Protection Sheet, Strut Brace, Mk3 Astra 2.0 16v GTE Brakes ,Vented Discs On Front With Ferrodo Pads All round, Goodridge Braided Hoses. Excellent 1600 8v Engine Starts First Go With No Smoke, Rattles Or Oil Leaks, L&B (no paperwork), K&N, Uprated Exhaust & Group N 5 Speed Box. Bilstein Wideplatform Shockers On Front With Uprated Springs, Bilsteins On Rear, Quick Rack, New Steering Rack, New Balljoints & TCA`s. Inside Excellent Condition Sparco Pro Seats, Luke 4 Point Belts, Intercom Box, Plumbed In Firesystem, Sparco Steering Wheel, Nav Footrest & Cut Off Switch etc. Rolling On 4 White Revolution RFX Alloys With Tarmac Tyres. Comes With MSA Logbook & Some Test No Tax. Has Done Forest & Tarmac Events & Is Ready To Rally. Good Little Reliable Rally Car. Comes With Small Spares Package Bottom Arms, Switches, Lights Clocks Etc No Wheels.
£2695 ono

AK

25th Oct 04 at 00:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glacier White Mk.1 shell (G plate), which is rolling, and still fitted with most parts. It is a 1200cc. It would be perfect for re-shelling your damaged or rusty nova. Or better still, it would make a superb rally, race or track-day car (as it has no sunroof). The wings and lights have been upgraded to Mk.2 ones, and it is fitted with a Mk.2 black GSi dashboard. The shell is mint, the chassis numbers are all intact, and as you will know, Nova shells are very hard to find in decent condition these days. Note : There is some minor damage to the panel behind the driver's door. All I want is £75! It's in my way, so needs to be sold ASAP. Please contact for photos or any further info. NO TIMEWASTERS, please.
neiliosxi

25th Oct 04 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a nova u can have for £100
Joff

25th Oct 04 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Kindness
wouldnt use v6 brakes.....

Prob use 2.0 16v brakes......

most expensive part would be the fitting kit for the engine i'd think..... can prob get the rest second hand...

I'd say 1.5k including the car....

I've got a mount and F20 spacer going spare...
GIBBS

25th Oct 04 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've thought about doin this for ages, but not with a nova shell, adam.. can u tell me roughly how much it costs to do a track day each time, ie actual cost to do track, how long you get.. and how many track days will the brake pads / discs and tyres last?
cheers mate

Matt
3CorsaMeal

25th Oct 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about the mk1 astra? any joy?
Scottydoo
Banned

25th Oct 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didnt accept Adams Kindness offer I think

Think he wanted £1900 ak offered 1.5k?
AK

25th Oct 04 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt,

Depends where......

Knockhill can be anything from
£40 for a whole day, 20min sessions... you prob get about 4 sessions
or say £90 for a whole morning (with a club, scoobynet for example.... i still have a trackday i have paid for and not been on with them )

Joff.... I'll give you a suck if needs be, ken
GIBBS

25th Oct 04 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Matt,

Depends where......

Knockhill can be anything from
£40 for a whole day, 20min sessions... you prob get about 4 sessions
or say £90 for a whole morning (with a club, scoobynet for example.... i still have a trackday i have paid for and not been on with them )

Joff.... I'll give you a suck if needs be, ken

That's not as bad as i thought it'd be! what's the example usage on parts? ie how many sessions will a set of brake pads/discs tyres go through?
AK

25th Oct 04 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its track use only.... quite a long time as you will fit parts that are up to the job.....

if you stay out for ages.... yor tyres will get worn to shit tho
GIBBS

25th Oct 04 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if its track use only.... quite a long time as you will fit parts that are up to the job.....

if you stay out for ages.... yor tyres will get worn to shit tho

as it wud be for fun it's prob best to either buy some budget jobbies to just use each session or couple of sessions or some hard wearing OK jobbies like falkens! as not going out there for competition.. just fun
Gonna have to be 4wd or RWD when i do it though
AK

25th Oct 04 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rwd,

fittign better tyres will make it more fun.... shit tyres will go 'off' (to warm) after about 2 laps

brakes.... fast road/race will do nicely
AK

25th Oct 04 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

latest email from knockhill...

Dear Member,

Hot Hatch and Hot Marques News Letter.

Just a quick reminder that we have a few Hot Hatch and Hot Marques days coming up.

The next Hot Hatch day is on Sunday 21st November with track time from 10am - 4pm for only £35 and £5 admission at the gate.

The following Sunday, 28th November, is a Hot Marques day for cars of a value of £10,000 and over. Track time is from 11am - 3pm at a cost of only £65.

And the final Hot Hatch of 2004 is scheduled for Sunday 19th December, again 10am - 4pm at a cost of £35 (and £5 admission on the gate)

If you would like to secure your place on either of these please do so by calling 01383 723337 having a debit or credit card to hand.

Knockhill Racing Circuit
http://www.knockhill.com/

This message and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. Any opinion expressed in them may be personal to the author and may not be shared. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose the contents to any other person. Please delete this

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » nova - 2.0 16v..... budget 23 database queries in 0.2282381 seconds