corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car wont start

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car wont start
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 04 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had an f 20 gearbox fitted took everythign out and put it back together but now I cant seem to get the car started any ideas on what it couls be everything has lit up so it aint power everything seemed to go back in as should do all I can think of is a sensor but I cant find anything im raking my brains and its driving me mad it just wont turn over at all I need help before it drives me mad need it on the road for tomorrow

I have found a sensor going into box it aint that but where the box fits to the engine on the oposite side of the box at the very front theres a very thin black wire with a cylinder shaped attatchment I think its got two very thin metal prongs any ideas what the hell it is
Paul H

3rd Sep 04 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one at the front could be reverse light switch.does it turn over ok or is it just dead
Karnage Corsa

3rd Sep 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its juse dead nothing there at all basically the immobiliser still works turn that off and turn the key and there is absolutley nothing there nothign turning over at all
mike_1.2LS96

3rd Sep 04 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Checked the starter motor wiring?

I think this happened to me once, it was a lose connection near the starter...and check the alternator wiring too.
CorsAsh

3rd Sep 04 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Karnage Corsa
theres a very thin black wire with a cylinder shaped attatchment I think its got two very thin metal prongs any ideas what the hell it is

Lambda sensor connecting wire?
Karnage Corsa

4th Sep 04 at 06:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont think its the lambda sensor mate I think that was all hooked up, basically where the box meets the engine where it bolts together on the engine side theres a thin black wire its fixed to the engine bu a black clip so it looks as if it does not go very far not really sure the length of it from the clp but I would say approxamately 2 foot long

Mike the lad that dont the box is coming rround today to fill the box with oil and check for probs as to why it aint starting so he should sort it a lot faster than me he did take off starter mtor so lets hope its that thanks chaps
Adam-D

4th Sep 04 at 06:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

box is seized?
there is a reversing switch in the box so that would be that

and the obvious is the batterey dead?

or is the starter wired up righ and the earth piontns put back in?
Karnage Corsa

4th Sep 04 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am getting power from the battery so it cant be that mate I am getting everyu gear on the box so surely it cant be that no idea about the pistons or the earth wire mate
Karnage Corsa

4th Sep 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought it was starter motor knackered so went and bought one from a scrappy not that think it might be wiring so hopefully sorted out soon but its doing my head in
Paul H

4th Sep 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does it bump start???
Karnage Corsa

4th Sep 04 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Niot tried that yet mate cos its going to be hard to do that with the position its in at the moment my mate seems to think that its deffo the starter motor wiring just cant seem to find an extra wire thats suppsozed to go to it, is he right when he says that the starter motor does not need earthingcos its self earthed ?
also found the gearbox earth plate so thats done and gearbox is filled just this daft problem now
AdamF
Premium Member

4th Sep 04 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its deffo the starter motor wiring if all youve done is took the box out there is nothing else that would stop it from starting, or you have missed an earth strap somewhere
modded_corsa

4th Sep 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it is/was the wiring for the started motor........paul's (karnage's) mate helped to sort out wer we had gone wrong......all thats left to do is turn re route the black and red thin wire.......coz its got tagled up in the loom and is shorting over onto one of the other connections.......but the engine has now started to come back to life

Karnage Corsa

5th Sep 04 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and will soon be sold

New Poll