corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Pioneer/Alpine headunits

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pioneer/Alpine headunits
Coblet

User status: Offline
27th Aug 04 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't really decide. Both of them have what I feel I need (4x50W, removable fascia, seperate controls for subs etc and external amps, fancy displays and all that). However, in most of the installs going on here, I've noticed a lack of Pioneer gear, especially HUs. Is there a reason for this?

The models I'm looking at are MP3/WMA CD Tuners:

Pioneer DEHP7600MP -

Alpine CDA9830R -
shawboy

27th Aug 04 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pioneer
Scotty_B

28th Aug 04 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Alpine is the better HU, but I have a Pioneer 8400 and its also great.
NeilsC

28th Aug 04 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u cant go wrong with Alpine mate
infinitycorsa

28th Aug 04 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alpine for sure..... a little tricky to set up tp start with, but a great head unit
CopyWrite

29th Aug 04 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If u get the Pioneer u'll be back postin something thats gone wrong with it in a month or so....lol.
Alpine for sure....does that alpine have I-Personalize?
The Alpine's display is nowhere near as impressive as the farty oel from pioneer but what it lacks in looks it'll make up for insound...specially the Media Xpander.
As ICorsa said...those models are a little tricky...but once u get used to it u will be pleased with the money u spent.
JUGGA

1st Sep 04 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a alpine cda-9811r
ajscorsa

2nd Sep 04 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alpine lets u search thro ure mp3's without having to wait 10 secs for it to change track
Superfrog

4th Sep 04 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa is stocked almost fully with pioneer. i love the pioneers, they're quite hardy and haven't given any problems. BUT alpine is definitely a superior brand when it comes to car audio and i would suggest going for the alpine. not as fancy-nancy looking, but definitely better sound quality!
Matty L

6th Sep 04 at 00:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pioneer are top of the market for DJ gear.Such as the cdj1000s used by top jocks around the world.There also the creators of the most popular effect mixer in the world....the DJM600.Both high quality, reliable, products.

This says pioneer not only looks good, there products are high quality.In clubs the 600 gets rammed about, beer thown over it etc etc and keeps on going.

Id say its all about the features and looks on this one.Both units are high quality and will last.Not sure about the sound though, what i do know from being a DJ myself is that pioneer are the leaders in DJ equipment such as cd decks and mixers.

I myslef would get the pioneer because of its looks
Dom

6th Sep 04 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ aye mate DJ gear is second to none, but like any other multi-product manufacture, some of there other products fail IE - sony make great tubed TVs, but anything else they make is utter crap, especially their plasma's and hifi's.

However in this case, i think its mainly on cosmetics The pioneer is a nicer unit, especially at night. Although the alpine might be better in the sound area....although tbh, i doubt you would notice any major differences between them two on the sound side. Only differences would be little gagets to keep ya busy for a month

New Poll