corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What engine did we Get?????????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What engine did we Get?????????
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
26th Aug 04 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right engine blew up in a X14XE'd corsa, we ordered a new second hand lump, which was delivered this week
When it arrived the inlet system was different, the throttle body was on the top in the centre of the inlet manifold instead of to the right hand side and had a big chamber underneath, so we swapped all the inlet from the X14XE over, i looked at the code on the block and it read X14XE????
Which engine have we got, where from, and will our X14XE managment run it ok with the original loom we aint got it plumbed in yet.

miles

26th Aug 04 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I *think* its going to be from a later (newer) car. Similar as the X16XEL, no idea why it wouldn't be a X14XEL though, so I might be wrong.

If your just using the head and block with the old loom, ecu, inlet manifold and all sensors I dont see why it wont run properly.
Rileysport

26th Aug 04 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a low output version surely
Greasemonkey

26th Aug 04 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats what i was thinking, maybe it was from an astra, i dunno, just weird to see the throttle body stuck on top?????, we only changed the inlet manifold and injection the heads the one we got, the other got bent valves when the con rod let go!!!

[Edited on 26-08-2004 by Greasemonkey]
Rileysport

26th Aug 04 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If uve swapped the inlet over it should be normal output now anyway
Greasemonkey

26th Aug 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats ok then i just curious to know what engine we got given, the numbers on the head didnt match which was worrying but the ones on the block did
Jambo

26th Aug 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should have brought mine

How much u pay Greasemoney?
broster
Premium Member

26th Aug 04 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what u have a c16xe thho!?
Greasemonkey

26th Aug 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not for me man, its my mate he paid £450 for the engine with 54'000 on it, turns out its from a mk3/4 astra, engines in the car now was up till 12.30 last night with it, just needs plumbing in on sunday then see if it goes
Jambo

27th Aug 04 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could have sold u a lower miler FSH for £400

New Poll