corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dumbass question of the day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dumbass question of the day
morrisdaboss

User status: Offline
   13th Aug 04 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X16XE OR C16XE whats the diff? cant seem to find any ppwk that would point me in the right direction. Is their an easy way to tell. oh its gsi, m reg- pics in garage.
Fraser Young

13th Aug 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

X16 had metal top inlet bit, C has plastic
Engine cover says 'Ecotec' on the X and jus Vauxhall on the C...

C16 i more powerful/tunable, X16 in newer with fewer running problems (stem seals etc)
morrisdaboss

13th Aug 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this would be so much easier if i could manage my pics better! what your saying would suggest the c16xe then - but im stillnot defo
Siberia

13th Aug 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a chap on here i think his name is andyH has an x16XE tuned to 214BHP so they are as tunable and the the C

in standard form the c16XE would be better i suppose but there not much in it once u modify it.

the c16XE reaches maximum torque before the x16xe or so ive read.

the way i see it is i reather have an engine out of a 1999 car than one out of a 1994/5 car.
Greasemonkey

13th Aug 04 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

/\ like he said, unless the C16XE is re-built give it a miss cos it will need one, but also bearin mind if ya wanna mod the 1.6 seriously then the X16XE might be more work due to having all the EGR shite to deal with, the C16XE is more tourqey and its tourqe is lower down the rev range.
Once ya had throttle bodies fitted to a C16XE and X16XE then there is nothing in it they will basically be the same engine
morrisdaboss

13th Aug 04 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engine has had pretty much everything replaced in the space of two/three months. tb's to come!!!
Greasemonkey

13th Aug 04 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well if the C16XE has had new piston rings, head re-build etc then go for it dude, if not these might need changing soon on em
morrisdaboss

13th Aug 04 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haed has been rebuilt - ill check piston rings out too

New Poll