corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sub box size's **also port sizes please help**

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sub box size's **also port sizes please help**
langey

User status: Offline
8th Aug 04 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i'm gonna make my own box for my audiobahn sub.
thing is everytime i go to the audiobahn website and try to look, it opens adobe reader or something, but then it says file has and error and could not be fixed.

then nowt happens.

so how the fuck do i find out the size of the box and stuff like that?

[Edited on 11-08-2004 by langey]
Dom

8th Aug 04 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

phone up the supplier you brought the subs from and ask if they can tell you, or email/contact audiobahn, explain that your pc doesnt like pdf files and if it would be possible that they tell you the required information
langey

8th Aug 04 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the avator

ye i'll contact audiobahn.
Dom

8th Aug 04 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by langey
love the avator

ye i'll contact audiobahn.

cheers, i thought it was quite good myself, hence why i chose it

but seriously, contact audiobahn via email etc if you cant view pdf's, then it would be the easiest way. Just say that you cant view pdf files as adobe reader doesnt agree with your pc, please can you send *info required here*.....etc etc

then hunt down a box calc via google and type the info in etc
langey

8th Aug 04 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and that will give me, the sizes of what to build it and that?

will 18mm mdf be ok you recon??

or should i try to find some 1" thick?
Dom

8th Aug 04 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and that will give me, the sizes of what to build it and that?

will 18mm mdf be ok you recon??

or should i try to find some 1" thick?

u have 15s dont ya? personally i would use 1" stuff, just because i would know that it would last etc plus if you pushing some serious power, then it will withstand the air pressure etc

as for sizes, yea, look up a sub box calculator and note down what info its ask, then just email audiobahn and ask for that info on the sud model you brought/getting, then just entering it and it will give you sizes
langey

8th Aug 04 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only getting the 1 15" sub. power aint serious stuff but it is only 500rms.

still try to find the 1" thick stuff tho. cheers
langey

8th Aug 04 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i got onto the site, and used a calculator, and apparantly it works out and the box has to be (HxWxD) is 20x20x22 thats inches too

that makes 4cubic feet
Dom

8th Aug 04 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
right i got onto the site, and used a calculator, and apparantly it works out and the box has to be (HxWxD) is 20x20x22 thats inches too

that makes 4cubic feet

so that 508x508x558.8 in mm, which is a pretty small box mate, considering its a 15" sub I take that was ported? if it was sealed i would have thought it would have been bigger lol eitherway, its not too bad and will fit into a corsa.
Just remember, thats a square box, not an angled jobby, so it wont press up against the back of the rear seats
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

8th Aug 04 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you want to put an angle on it mate,

meausre bottom length then length at top devide by 2 and theres your average which is then used

e.g

bottom 16"
top 10"

=26/2 = 13" x H x W

hope that helps looks much better if you can follow the angles of the rear seat and will in theory save you some space in your boot as will be set back further!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
langey

9th Aug 04 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well maybe io have worked it out wrong bacuse the onl;y thing i could see on the site was a chart thingy where you put in a HxWxD and it then works out your cubic feet. so i had to keep changing it to get as close to 4 as possable.

and VM that boz is a ported one, they had different sizes for the box, either "everyday use ported" "some other one" and then "SPL monster" or somthing lol. thats the 4cubic thingy.

but i dont understand fuck all about the port and how to build that coz it says stuff about the port has to be so long by so deep and stuff
langey

10th Aug 04 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right i dont understand this, any ice peeps understand it??

air space (cu. ft.) 3.55
port size (inches) (2) 4 x 11.25
port vel. (%) 8.69
-3dB (Hz) 31.5
tune freq (Hz) 35
sub disp (cu. ft.) 0.21
port disp (cu. ft.) 0.152
total vol (cu. ft.) 4

so anyone any ideas what size to build the box and port?? i'm stuck totally.
langey

11th Aug 04 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right the box is sorted for size's, the inside of the boxwill be 4.005 cubic feet. pritty close to what i was aiming for (4)

but i'm still stuck on the port side of things, anyone help me on this??

New Poll