corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » hydraulic lifters ....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hydraulic lifters ....
T1NK

User status: Offline
30th Jul 04 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi

Just wondering if anyones fitted tappets b4, if so were they fairly easy and wot would i need to do them? ( apart from the tappets )
A_Venables

30th Jul 04 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I remember from my 1.4 8v, you take the rocker cover off, unbolt the head bolts in special sequince ( haynes manual required), take off the cam box, then you can take the rockers off and get to the tappets, keep the rockers in order as they may wear different, put the new tappets in squeezing them before you put them in place to get rid of any excess off oil in the tappet (very important!), then reasemble the rockers, pour new oil over the new tappets and the rockers and use new head bolts to retighten the cam box and head down to the block again in sequince, if you do this you will need a new set of head bolts and the hydraulic tappets along with maybe a rocker cover gasket and even a head gasket, not sure about that tho, look in a haynes manual with your engine type and read it step by step before you even atempt it!

[Edited on 30-07-2004 by A_Venables]
CorsAsh

30th Jul 04 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC, it's not so important the order you remove the bolts, but it's vital you get the correct sequence when you tighten them up again as you risk cracking the casings if not...

miles

31st Jul 04 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a lot different for 16v's.

CorsAsh, for a tiny amount of thought its definatly worth undoing them in the right sequence. Why wouldn't you want to do it right.....

New Poll