corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Probs after fitting coilovers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Probs after fitting coilovers
shrews corsa

User status: Offline
20th Jul 04 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all

i fitted my AVO EVO coilovers and had to use 5mm spacers, now my rear wheels ar litterally touching the arch and rub badly with just me in car!

is there a way around this? the rears are set to almost full height!

any help appreciated

Adam-D

20th Jul 04 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put std wheels on and see if you can trim any off? untill you can put you other wheels on
shrews corsa

20th Jul 04 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have no standard wheels
AdiSRI

20th Jul 04 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont use avo coilovers....

there good but you wont have that trouble with more conventional kits like the FK's.

Only way you can fix it tho is to adjust the rear camber so the top of the wheel sits in more. Dont know if the avo's allow this, but if nort whiteline make a kit you can buy from demon tweeks.
broster
Premium Member

20th Jul 04 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the camber dont need adjusting with avos on the reart thats a load of pap, thing the sdampers need making harder mate adjust them ill come and look tomoz, can compare to how i got mine set up then.
corsa120

20th Jul 04 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im gettin some kw coilovers they use better system which means no spacers required, well at back anyway im sure
broster
Premium Member

20th Jul 04 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont necessarly need to use spacerts on the rears of the avos it depends how wide the tyres are, all coilovers that are coilovers on the rear as well as the front, unlike some fk ones, will need spacers as the springs are all the same size, 2 1/4" so thats where the problem comes from
AdiSRI

20th Jul 04 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
the camber dont need adjusting with avos on the reart thats a load of pap, thing the sdampers need making harder mate adjust them ill come and look tomoz, can compare to how i got mine set up then.

thats pap, he said at the top that its really high, and the wheel sticks out too far due to the spacer. If the camber is djusted it would solve the problem, simple as.

Otherwise he can pay like i have to have all the archs pushed out to clear the wheels.
broster
Premium Member

20th Jul 04 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think he has fitted them wrong he dont know about spanners, and its not pap..... i have avos on mine no problems ill compare mine to his and see whats the problem lol
Siberia

20th Jul 04 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask adam about these he has them fitted... he also said they went straight on

its really weird how some people have no problems fitting things and others have a dog load of problems ya'd think they would all just be the same
TOMAS

20th Jul 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd never go for coilovers on the rear - stresses out the turrets and have bad fitting problems. Only answer is the old washer trick to adjust rear camber unless you want to seriousley mod the rear arches. Making rear harder will give you poo handling for road use, even if you think your roads are smooth.
Siberia

20th Jul 04 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely ya's have problems with MOT if u put real coilovers on the rear anyways ?

New Poll