corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Custom driveshafts?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Custom driveshafts?
Patrick

User status: Offline
16th Jul 04 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I want big power from my coupé turbo. Problem is the transmission won't be able to cope with it. I've found a sports clutch that can cope with 500bhp and 400lb/ft so that's not a problem. There's also the possibility of putting in a F40 6-speed box from the new Vectra that can also cope with 400lb/ft.

My problem lies with the driveshafts. When the car is running big power and has a LSD and some sticky tyres fitted, the driveshafts are gonna get ripped to bits. Is there any companies that can make custom driveshafts that would be able to cope with huge power without any strain? Also how much would I be looking at? Haven't seen anything about driveshafts for the Astra Turbo, everyone seems to think they would be fine.
AK

16th Jul 04 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speak to Mann transmission..... i think
Ditch

16th Jul 04 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends what your gonna be doing in the car whether they are fine or not!

Im sure they would cope with a few launches of 300bhp getting thrown at it, but do it too much they are gonna pop out and get ripped to bits.

sticky tyres will put even more strain on the shafts

[Edited on 16-07-2004 by Ditch]

New Poll