corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rev Limiter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rev Limiter
KPGrimmy

User status: Offline
11th Jul 04 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was just wondering if hitting the rev limiter actually damages the engine.

Yesterday I was racing a 206 GTi 180, and while watching what he was doing I forgot to watch the revs in my 1.8 Corsa, and hit the limiter.

Just hoping it doesn't do any damage. Also do all gears have a rev limiter or just the 1st & 2nd ?

MoNkEy MaGiC

11th Jul 04 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rev limit applys to all your gears man!!!!!

the LIMITER is their for a reason!!
just dont stay in the red for to long as your engine wont be able to cope UNLESS you have uprated internals in which case you could increase the limit with a uni-chip etc

plus their no point reving right upto the limiter as the power band just isnt their any way!! unless your motor is modded for it
Red_SXi

11th Jul 04 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your limiter is there for a reason, so you don't damage your engine, so hitting the limiter has stopped you revving it any further and damaging things. You'll be fine

New Poll