corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Tinkling noise...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tinkling noise...
CorsAsh

User status: Offline
8th Jul 04 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I come off the accelerator in my car, can hear a sort of tinkling noise, (sounds a bit like someone dragging a bit of chain or a washer thats loose). When I got home, looked under the bonnet, and gave the engine some revs, and found out the noise is coming from round my timing belt, possibly under the cover... I thought maybe it was the tensioner?

Anyone got any other ideas? (its a C12NZ engine)
Siberia

9th Jul 04 at 07:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

normally a sign the water pump is on its way out but it could be other things
mike_1.2LS96

9th Jul 04 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same noise when I put my 1.4 in my car. Its the bolt that the alternator swivels on. You need to tighten it up and it will stop it. Its a weird sort of buzzing noise I couldn't figure it out for a week, but its gone now.
CorsAsh

9th Jul 04 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Siberia
normally a sign the water pump is on its way out but it could be other things

Noticed that the hose that goes from the rad to the block has been leaking where it connects to the engine, is this just coincidence?
Greasemonkey

9th Jul 04 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah just coincidence, could be tensioner, idler pulleys or water pump, when was the cam belt last changed, i wouldnt drive it no more and get it into a garage asap, i got SBD metal Idler pulleys they NEVER fail and NEVER need changing, peace of mind dude i have changed my cam belt 4 times in the 3 years i had me motor
CorsAsh

9th Jul 04 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesnt happen all the time tho, only heard it yday on long trip to and from Devon, and only when I come off the gas and start slowing down...

Cam belt was last done about 18 months ago, had to have oil pump gasket replaced, so it all came off and was renewed then.

[Edited on 09-07-2004 by CorsAsh]

New Poll