corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wiring car audio indoors

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wiring car audio indoors
uk220

User status: Offline
   27th Jun 04 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey all, got a spare amp and subs, i wanted to wire them up in the house. i thought about it and i think the best way to do it is to run it through a car battery charger, as this converts the 240v to 12v and has enough amps to run it smoothly, will this work? im wanted to get some feedback before i tried it as i dont want to connect it all up and the amp blows. any suggestions welcome.
AdiSRI

27th Jun 04 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dunno about using a battery charger LOL, cant u just buy a transformer box or something?
cdcool1

28th Jun 04 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ermmm, no

try to find a transformer or better yet, use a proper home audio amp. The battery chager isnt designed to be used like that. Quite a few are trickle chargers and if you use the faster chargers you will almost certainly blow something up. You can buy a simple home audio setup which will sound much better for around £100 - £150

Why not sell your spare amp and sub, and put the money towards a setup designed for AC. Much safer

New Poll