corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » steering wheel/door question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author steering wheel/door question
WhiteGSI

User status: Offline
18th Jun 04 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok. you know the plastic casing behind the steering wheel? well my steering wheel seems to rub against it and is wearing it down.anyone else get this? also my steering wheel seems to make a horrible rubbing sound occasionally when i turn the wheel while stationary,like when ive just reversed out of my drive and begin to turn the wheel to drive off. i figure they are related problems but i need to figure out how to sort it. also when i shut my doors they sound bloody horrible. really tinny and crap. anything to help this?
any help on these questions would be appreciated, i know they are shite questions but they are really annoying me.
thepadd

18th Jun 04 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tend to get rubbing sometimes, usely in summer cos its hotter and the plastic expands slightly. You could prob remove it and sand it down a bit.

shouldnt realy dry steer m8, puts excess wear on your tires
Mistamist

18th Jun 04 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the steering column as it may have been compressed slightly on the collapsable part, mine rubbed a bit when i put the steering boss on for my new wheel, i lust loosened the centre nut a touch it seemed to sort the problem, The grinding might be the bearings on the column.

and the doors is caused by worn door rubbers, go to vaux or a Motor factors and they will sort you out with some new ones.
WhiteGSI

18th Jun 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will loosen the centre bolt slightly then see if that works, and am gonna get new door rubbers next week i hope they sort the hollow door sound.thanks for everyones input, appreciated anymore info is useful
Kris TD

18th Jun 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or use sound proofing in your doors.
WhiteGSI

18th Jun 04 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i thought about doing that. what sort of stuff do i need how do i go about doing it?

New Poll