corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Just painted my bumpers .....colour match is shite.....pics

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just painted my bumpers .....colour match is shite.....pics
Red_SXi

User status: Offline
15th Jun 04 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
quote:
Originally posted by 5doormodder
aparently there aint, i asked vauxhall dealer and arden blue is adden blue, they only do the one shade

yes vauxhall said the same about glacier white, when i went too the paint shop there was 7 shades of glacier white.

Autopaint and Eurocolour have both told me there is only 1 shade of Arden blue
5doormodder

15th Jun 04 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres two, theres a dark and light shade paint codes 291 and 291L (L meaning light)

Greg_M

15th Jun 04 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the darker one is arden blue2. the colour the new astras/corsas ect. its a diff colour
suzi-sue

15th Jun 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Sxi
quote:
quote:
aparently there aint, i asked vauxhall dealer and arden blue is adden blue, they only do the one shade

yes vauxhall said the same about glacier white, when i went too the paint shop there was 7 shades of glacier white.

and 10million shades of flame red, my car's evry1 of em
Kris TD

15th Jun 04 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by suzi-sue
quote:
Originally posted by Red_Sxi
quote:
quote:

and 10million shades of flame red, my car's evry1 of em

my bros corsa is flame red, its not so much the different shades, its the crap paint vauxhall used in the first place. was lead based and it fades loads.
if you spray it with a synthetic paint then the colour would last a hell of a lot longer.
my bro just sprayed pretty much his whole car now, only the roof and one side left too do.
5doormodder

15th Jun 04 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to respray one of the sides of mine (rear quater and front wing has somekey marks in it) Kris can you give me some advice on howto respray the car is it much harder than doing say a bumper ?

I done my bumpers and they where a perfect job, just the wrong fucking shade.

Is it all about getting the primer flat as possible so that you dont get any orange peel effect on the finish
ed

16th Jun 04 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bumper is a crap fir though. It's part of the deal when you buy high quality products from MC Rallying... Just look at the fit on my bumper...
5doormodder

16th Jun 04 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fitted this bumper when it was 'unmodified' to my other corsa b and it was a perfect fit. I think its got alot to do with how acuratly you drill the holes in the wing, obviously if its in the wrong place the kit is gonna be wonky
Kris TD

16th Jun 04 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I need to respray one of the sides of mine (rear quater and front wing has somekey marks in it) Kris can you give me some advice on howto respray the car is it much harder than doing say a bumper ?

I done my bumpers and they where a perfect job, just the wrong fucking shade.

Is it all about getting the primer flat as possible so that you dont get any orange peel effect on the finish

erm, scotch done any panel that is fine, ie requires no filler or priming etc...
as for the primer, just sand it down with 800 grit.
you dont really get noticable orange peel on metallic colours.
orange peel is ussually becasue your compressor isnt pumping out enough air, or you let it dry too quickly. you get a lot better finnish if you use a 2 pack paint rather than cellulose, but you cant get cellulose arden blue so dont worry bout that.
erm, when its all done use a polishing mop and go over the whole lot to get rid of the shit in the laquer.
oh, do a thin coat of laquer first, then a wet coat, dont be tempted to do loads of thin coats, i fink you dont get anywhere near as good a shine.
ed

16th Jun 04 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I fitted this bumper when it was 'unmodified' to my other corsa b and it was a perfect fit. I think its got alot to do with how acuratly you drill the holes in the wing, obviously if its in the wrong place the kit is gonna be wonky

Mine was totally the wrong shape, too wide for the car...

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll