corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » opinions on mudflaps

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author opinions on mudflaps
Captain Corsa

User status: Offline
10th Jun 04 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my silver section of my rear bumper (star silver C), is due for a respray, to mend a few cracks, etc.

i was wondering wether to get the vauxhall rear mudflaps, and have them blended into the bumper, and all sprayed up silver.

has anyone done this, and how do you think it would look??
M16KE B

10th Jun 04 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I considered it but just decided to get the front ones, theyve been colour coded but not smoothed as i wanted to make sure i liked them first. Will get them smoothed into the arches at some point. Personally im not keen on the rears although that said, may look well nice smoothed in.
Sam16v

10th Jun 04 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blended in?
In my opinion i think mudflaps should be kept mudflaps - Not an extension of a car
But then again i have not seen a car with this so i dont know what it looks like.
KennyT

10th Jun 04 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the mud flaps are likely to be soft rubber and will flex alot as they are designed to, if you try to bond them onto the arch or bumper, will whatever you fill them with not just crack?
M16KE B

10th Jun 04 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by KennyT
the mud flaps are likely to be soft rubber and will flex alot as they are designed to, if you try to bond them onto the arch or bumper, will whatever you fill them with not just crack?

No. The Vaux ones are plastic, the same plastic that the arches are made of, so should be OK

New Poll