corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Mav 3000's Centre Console Fun thread (Finished Pics)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mav 3000's Centre Console Fun thread (Finished Pics)
Demo

User status: Offline
22nd May 04 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mav 3000
I was going to PVS but couldn't find someone else to go with me! In the end I couldn't get anything together in time to get a ticket from Trotty for the stand.

If I could get on the CS Stand I'd love to but at the minute I think my chances are zero.

Centre Console will be done by then too (hopefully!)

give trotty a shout cos he sorted me a last minute space + tickets on wednesday
Mav 3000

22nd May 04 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Demo. I've gotta ask to see if I get get someone to go with me! I'd be good to have another 5dr on the stand.

As for the Centre Console - I sanded it first with 240 Grade Wet n Dry. I then sprayed it, then sanded that down with 800 grade. This is hardening over night now. Then I'm gonna sand that with 1200 grade, then a few coats in colour, then lots of laquer!

The chances of me doing this without hair or dirt or flies in it is so slim - but I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow.

[Edited on 22-05-2004 by Mav 3000]
Mav 3000

23rd May 04 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update:

Just put the second coat of silver on it now. Its so frustrating - keep getting bits of dirt in it whcih means everytime I have to sand it back.

Haven't even go to the laquer yet. chances of getting coats of that on with no bugs or dirt in it are so tiny!!
broster
Premium Member

23rd May 04 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Update:

Just put the second coat of silver on it now. Its so frustrating - keep getting bits of dirt in it whcih means everytime I have to sand it back.

Haven't even go to the laquer yet. chances of getting coats of that on with no bugs or dirt in it are so tiny!!

tell me about it i resprayed my spoiler for donny as the laquer was paeling off, managed to get it done the night before donny, when i came to fit it the next day some bugs had had a party on it and fucked it up with no time left for me to re do it
Mav 3000

23rd May 04 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a corner of newspaper fly up and scratch the apint off the top of it. Also got a dent in the paint in the middle. Gotta let it harden then sand it and now do a fourth coat now.

Looks like it won't be done until next Sat at the earliest now - and thats if it stays sunny!
1600power

23rd May 04 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just had a corner of newspaper fly up and scratch the apint off the top of it. Also got a dent in the paint in the middle. Gotta let it harden then sand it and now do a fourth coat now.

Looks like it won't be done until next Sat at the earliest now - and thats if it stays sunny!

ah the joys of painting
Mav 3000

23rd May 04 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update Day Two:

Just put the second coat of lacquer on now. Got one very small run at the top and a speck of dirt in the middle lower down, but thats about it hopefully.

One or two more coats to go then Its in for hardening until my LEDs arrive.

My Set-Up:

Centre Console in Titan Silver:

5doormodder

23rd May 04 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell me about it, Ive just this minute litrally been spreying my rear bumper. got it all perfect and gave it a coat of laquer and ...........the fucking laquer ran !
Mav 3000

23rd May 04 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, can you be bothered to let it dry, sand it, paint it, laxquer it - or just leave it?? I'm leaving mine fcuk it! Its not in my eye-line so I should be able to pretend its not there
5doormodder

23rd May 04 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hummm, yeah but this ois on my rear bumper, i have to do the whole fucking thing again i really cant be arsed. I might just take it to a bodyshop and get them to do the fucking thing
Mav 3000

13th Jun 04 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've re-sprayed the bits now in Vauxhall Star Silver - looks loads better. Lacquered it today, will be (attempting to) fit it tomorrow evening.

[Edited on 13-06-2004 by Mav 3000]
Kris TD

13th Jun 04 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when spraying laquer its best too do one thin coat, then a "wet" coat ie quite a thick one, get a much deeper shine than doing lots of thin ones.
Drysdale

13th Jun 04 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good.
Mav 3000

14th Jun 04 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just fitted it - am really happy with the results - the blue LEDs don't shine very bright but hopefully they will tonight.

Took me ages to figure out how to get it on ok and my footwells are covered in bits of silver due to the tight squeeze but all is ok now.

Problem is, I've lost the 5mm LED holder for the alarm LED and the hazard light switch covers gone walkabout too!

Kris, I spent yesterday laquering it - like you said I did a thin coat, thena thick one, then a couple of thin ones. Had a couple of dead bugs in it but they 'flicked' out ok

Pics coming up shortly...
Mav 3000

14th Jun 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres the final pictures or the console. Took a little effort to get it back in but it went and looks great now its in.

Really happy with the spray job on it and how smooth its come out.

Comments welcome

Drysdale

14th Jun 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks really good, nice job. All you need now is alloy/chrome heater controls
Drysdale

14th Jun 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it a bitch to fit back?
Mav 3000

14th Jun 04 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chrome heater knobs would clash against the silver like the Veccie door handles do a little imo - I like bringing the black across from the crash panel.

It was a nightmare to put back - had to do it twice cos I forgot to put the pad behind the little knobs - but once you know how its simple

Patience is the key to it
Mav 3000

14th Jun 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a couple of it at night with my 9-LED interior light on too

Shiny silver and the glow of the Stereo...

Blue Speaker Cone too...
Mav 3000

14th Jun 04 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look better at 2300x2000!

They look great in real life too with the street lights, red LEDs in the doors and the other little lights in there too that you can't see.
L330wnz

15th Jun 04 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top job fella!
Drysdale

15th Jun 04 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

awesome

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll