corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Removing the centre consol....please help.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing the centre consol....please help.
Makarus

User status: Offline
19th Apr 03 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know this has been asked before, but after spending some time searching through tutorials and the rest of the forum I couldnt find exactly how to remove the centre consol on a Corsa B.

Now I have got most of the way, the left and right nobs have been removed, I have the main unit all leaning forwards I just cant seem to get it the last bit of distance to totally remove the front plastic so I can paint it.

So anyone who knows how to do it could they please shout up.......much appreciated.

Cheers,
Sean.
Makarus

19th Apr 03 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on 30+ views and not one comment??
Adam-D

19th Apr 03 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are 4 screws 2 behind vents
2 behind the slider then unclip all four cables then unclip wiring pugs job done
Makarus

19th Apr 03 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, cheers for that, got it off now.

Stuck on something else though, the front panel has come off but the heater speed control is still attached to it, how do I get it off so that I can spray the face plate up??
Makarus

19th Apr 03 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT

Please, anyone?

Really want to make a good start on my interior colour coding.
cobra148

19th Apr 03 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume you want to remove the heated rear window knob?
Pull the knob out as if turning on the heated rear, at the base of the knob is a small hole, push a screwdriver or similar into this hole while pulling the knob.
Knob is held in place with a sprung clip and pushing something in the hole releases the clip.
Makarus

20th Apr 03 at 02:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right cheers pal.

After all that hassle I have decided to go on a slightly different route. I am just doing the casing for the MFD, the stereo surround and the slide for the heating.

Also doing door arms, getting chrome handles and doing the pockets too I think, gonna consider it more so though.

Should look nice and different, then I just need a good gear knob, handbrake handle and steering wheel.
RichR
Premium Member

20th Apr 03 at 02:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also thats not actually the centre console, the centre console is the piece under the gear stick......the bnit in the middle is simply the dash or control area of the dash - but not the centre console

New Poll