corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Footwell Neons / Switch

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Footwell Neons / Switch
pmoz84

User status: Offline
19th May 04 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All,

need a hand with the following

i have some interior neons that wire up to + and - to work, but want to run them off a switch

i have bought a switch, but it has 4 wires on it, two black, one red, one blue, can I use this switch for my neons?
cdcool1

19th May 04 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the switch illuminated?

Yes, you can use almost any switch for them

Obviously i cant tell you for sure, but its most likely that you will use the red and one of the black wires

It sounds like depending on which black wire you use depends on which way you press the switch for it to be activated

And it sounds like the blue wire is for illumination

It could also be that the extra black wire is the ground for the illumination

Does the switch say anything on it?
ash_corsa

20th May 04 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a switch with four terminals on has ilumination, ive got a round switch for my neons, i have cut a 20mm hole out with a holesaw in the tray on the centre console, behind the gearstick (CORSA B)
i put the transformer behind the swich, all the wiring is hidden it looks absolutely mint.
Good Luck Pal

Ash
j0hn

21st May 04 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ash how is your panel silver - is it a sticker or irmscher thing?
Dom

21st May 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its a four pin switch, its DOESNT mean its iluminated...you can also get four pole switches, that can switch to different lines, or USUALLY the pos and neg of the the switching device (neons in this case).

Have a butchers at the model number of the switch, wack it in google and see what it actually is

New Poll